How not to remove your rearend

WOW looks like a Jim Rome Brunswick School install job.............Ahhhhhh Good Enough.....lets go to lunch.

hey it beats taking the drive shaft loose, then the U-bolts then carfully lowering it down with a jack.

You think that guy sitting on the wall is thinking maybe he shouldn't sit there anymore?

So what happend there? Something left loose? Or broke from the fishtailing?

Jim

I don't know about the guy, but the girl with the camera was high-tailing herself out of there!

Gotta love the (driveshaft) pole vaulting competition though. :D

Scott231 said:
Gotta love the (driveshaft) pole vaulting competition though. :D

I thought that's what happened - you can the rear jump when it grabbed the pavement. Then out goes the rear and driveshaft. I thought a loop was supposed to prevent that?

Jim

I think a heim end broke on a control arm then caused the DS to come out, etc..

ks

The good news though is plucking the rearend out probably kept the car from going on it's roof, (if you want to look at the "what could have been").

Just ran across this...

He would've been fine if he would have just put the 'chute out and stayed off the brake. I've watched it several times, there's over two full seconds from the car getting out of shape to when it spit the diff. That's what ripped the rear end out, he grabbed the brake which sent the rear of the car up in the air. With the rear wheels locked, it ripped the rod ends off the ladder bar when it landed.

Still, you hate to see it happen, glad he walked away. I doubt the car's really banged up too bad. He's lucky.

Everybode needs some money sometimes...

Um umm ummm um i dont imagine he was thinking of the shoot at the 60ft mark. I think at that point he was thinking OH CRAP STOP THIS THING. Then , am i still alive. Then , this is going to cost me out the rearend. No pun intend. I only pray that that never happens to me or anyone i know :eek: