How much tranny fuild?

TurboV6Sonoma

Im back!! Maybe for good
How much transmission fuild do I need to buy when changing my fuild and I am also putting in a new converter. Also what is the best type of fuild to use? A buddy of my said (with a GN) said he uses the ford fuild because It makes his tranny run cooler. I'm not to sure about that. Should I fork out the extra for syntec?

Thanks
Ryan

well im probably wrong wich is no help to you but i put 6 quarts of trick shift in mine. didnt touch the converter tho so ? i would say 8 / dont really know sorry.

If you're starting from scratch, tranny, converter, cooler etc. its more like 12 quarts. I think the cost of 12 quarts of synthetic will make the decision to buy it or not. When filling the trans, be sure to put the car on stands so you can run the trans through the gears. Put in like 8-10 quarts and then run through the gears a couple of times, the fluid will disappear from the stick. I also put a quart in the converter, that's just enough so it doesn't run all over when you put the convertor on the trans.

wow my case of b&m fluid was like 80 bucks i thouhgt it was becouse they only sold it in a case i only put half in my car 6 quarts , did i not put unuff tranny fluid in my car ?