How much timing and boost to run with 114 octane

onefastjackass

OK I went to the track today and on regular high test pump fuel ran an low 13.08, 12.49 and a 12.25.The track was in bad condition and I spun the tires on every run.

My question is this If I decide to switch to 114 octane how much timing and boost should I run?

I need a good starting place because lets face it as soon as I up the boost they are gonna ask me to leave.
Also I have a good place to tune at but I really don't want to do it twenty times in a row just to get close .

So what boost and timing should I at least start at??

With my combo I run 25# boost with 29* timing.Ran a best so far of 6.91 with the spark blowing out on me last time out.

I usually run 26* timing and 26# of boost on 116 with Zero KR.

sixgun86gn When you say 29 and25# boost are you talking about in high gear or in 1&2 then two degrees less and less boost in high gear??

XLR8 does youre chip adjust the timing and boost in high gear versus low and first.
If so are these third gear numbers or 1&2nd numbers.

Why I asked is my extender chip pulls the timing back in third gear and also runs less boost in third.Versus 1st and second.

It pulls timing back by two degrees and bost back using the boost sol from 95% in fist and second to 85% in third.

Thanks sixgun just wanted to verify so I wasn't trying to run 29 in high and 31 in low.

Also was the boost reading in third gear or in first and second??

My chip is 26* in all gears. I am thinking about going to a higher timing chip though as I think my turbo is maxed.

Sixgun are you changing it by adjusting base or wot to get the change??

Also do you have to reset the ecm if adjusting wot timing or only if adjusting base??

I have been resetting it for both but don't know if it is correct or if I am just wasting time and wearing the plug out.

Thanks XLR8 for the info.It gives me some idea how I need to start setting it up.

I found that at idle the car runs real rich and tempermental on 114 without more base timing.I set base to 25/23 and then wot I add what I need for the 29/27 above 3000 rpm.I do not reset the computer unless I change the o2 sensor and let it relearn the blms.I have a hard time keeping an eye on the boost needle on a wot pass on this setup.I check the boost against my transbrake before I run.I only run the timing so high to add cylinder pressure because I am out of wastegate adjustment at 25#.I would turn it back a little and run some more boost if I could without modifying the wastegate.