how much oil is circulating in top of 600 hp 109

YAKO

I have a a stroker 109 with custom alu pan and am wondering how much oil is still at 5000 rpm .total 6 qts

There are too many things that can effect this. I typically race with 4.5-5 quarts in my and the oil hot. More doesn't help anything.

So are you telling me that 4 to 4.5 qts in the pan and .75 qt in the filter i am OK....VOLUME WISE..my pan sump is baffled,I am useing yellow spring in pump 60 lbs cold

YAKO said:
So are you telling me that 4 to 4.5 qts in the pan and .75 qt in the filter i am OK....VOLUME WISE..my pan sump is baffled,I am useing yellow spring in pump 60 lbs cold

I can't say for sure you are ok. When i say in the pan i mean in the pan. Not including what's trapped in the filter or other areas of the engine. I run the pickup about a half inch off the bottom of the pan. I use 10w-40 oil typically when the temps are between 60 and 90 degrees. I wait till the oil is hot. Not to be confused with the water temp. I've never had a problem. If you have a differed pan, higher viscosity oil, it's not up to temp, less drain back, a high volume pump with looser clearances you may need more oil in the pan then me.