How much injector needed for high 8s?

To run an 8.83 in a 3350 pound car you will need 900 hp to the wheels, which is about 1035 at the motor.

On race gas, that will be 100 pph injectors according to the math. You can get 96 pph injectors and be just fine.

E85? 132 pph injectors which no one makes so 160s.

Call Nick Micale and he can hook you up.

The fuel flow needed to do that will require a very big pump, -8 feed lines, -6 return, big fuel rails and regulator and hot wired pumps. I would go with a double pump set up in the tank and run them all the time for track purposes.

Cost? Motor, trans and all the supporting hardware, cage and goodies? $35,000 to $40,000 minimum.

https://robrobinette.com/et.htm

http://www.deatschwerks.com/resources/fuel-calculators/fuel-injector-calculator

I would use 120lb injectors over the 96lb. I had 96lbers in mine before and I could see that it would be able to to it, but it would be with a higher then desirable duty cycle. The 120lb gives you more latitude in my opinion. With a set of 120lb injectors, a Racetronix double pumper and teflon line kit, I'm at a 68% duty cycle going bottom 9's at over 154mph in a heavy street car.

http://racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=01D134x&eq=&Tp=

I would use 120lb injectors over the 96lb. I had 96lbers in mine before and I could see that it would be able to to it, but it would be with a higher then desirable duty cycle. The 120lb gives you more latitude in my opinion. With a set of 120lb injectors, a Racetronix double pumper and teflon line kit, I'm at a 68% duty cycle going bottom 9's at over 154mph in a heavy street car.

http://racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=01D134x&eq=&Tp=

Jeez...I really need to find out why my 120's are at 90% for 520HP.

"]Jeez...I really need to find out why my 120's are at 90% for 520HP.]

Same DC percentage as me, same injectors. I'm wondering if one of my dual pumps is toast.

OP...deep pockets needed for high 8's, like Reggie said, front to back it'll all need updated.

I run 160's, and obviously they can be a bit of a chore to tune for idle and street use. But constant tinkering an tweeking the tune has left me with a quite acceptable street car that can, and does drive everywhere it goes. My experience, however limited to only my one car, is there's no reason NOT to go strait to 160's.

Along with the injectors, I also have the big rails, supply and return, regulator, the Aeromotive pro external pump, so on and so on. In the end, I know I'm always going to have enough of what I need. Even if I plan to go E-85.

I strongly believe my set-up can make over 1000 HP.

At the 1000+ HP level, my opinion is an external fuel pump and a fuel cell, or a sump in a stock tank, at least -8 supply/-6 return or even better -10 supply-8 return, all wiring at least 10 ga. and a boost-a-pump supplying voltage at 17 volts when at WOT.

Injectors minimum would be 140#, or even 200# at that level.

Charts, theory and guesses are aa good starting point, but I prefer real-world experience especially at the level you want.

I have dealt with a few 7 and 8 sec. turbo race cars, and this is a serious HP level, and "cheap" has no place there.

At the 1000+ HP level, my opinion is an external fuel pump and a fuel cell, or a sump in a stock tank, at least -8 supply/-6 return or even better -10 supply-8 return, all wiring at least 10 ga. and a boost-a-pump supplying voltage at 17 volts when at WOT.

Injectors minimum would be 140#, or even 200# at that level.

Charts, theory and guesses are aa good starting point, but I prefer real-world experience especially at the level you want.

I have dealt with a few 7 and 8 sec. turbo race cars, and this is a serious HP level, and "cheap" has no place there.
Agreed.

You pretty much just described my set-up.

You figure 160's have been the go to race injector for as long as I can remember. If you raced a stage 2 back in the day that was it, the largest that you could get. Now TSM guys are running 160's on E85. I agree with others put 160's in and keep flowing until you run out of injector. Then you can start to buy the used 225lbers that the guys who stepped up to 500lbers are selliing aka ditch the inner cooler and switch to alky. turboz4life, what is your combo?

I agree with others put 160's in and keep flowing until you run out of injector. Then you can start to buy the used 225lbers that the guys who stepped up to 500lbers are selliing aka ditch the inner cooler and switch to alky. turboz4life, what is your combo?
Whoa! :eek: That's projecting quite a leap into the future.

Just a minute ago we were talking about 96ers.