How much does a GN weigh? How much does a TTA weight? quick responce please.

I just did that.

The #'s varied.

I think I found what I was looking for though.

HTH?

Originally posted by SSprayn
I just did that.

The #'s varied.

I think I found what I was looking for though.

HTH?

Yes the numbers will vary widely depending on how a particular car is equipped.

most fully loaded GNs weigh about 3600-3800 lbs

the "optionless" GNs usually weigh between 3400-3600

ttypes are mainly lighter also because of the aluminum bumper supports they use and the t-wheels

My TTA weighed 3565 w/o me in it. Shes probably over 3600 now a days :(.

HTH: Jason

Originally posted by stevemon
No stock GN has ever weighed 3,800 lbs. Impossible regardless of what anyone says. My 86 w/t tops and every option except digital dash & defrost weighs 3,400 lbs in race trim. (5 gl gas, slicks, no jack or spare, aftermarket wheels & alum drums.)

I know this is rediculously late
but I thought I might add

my GN weighed 3900lbs

I weighed mine last week at the track and was shocked when it only weighed 3370lbs. :eek:
Car sits on Weld Pro-Stars and had probably 7/8 tank of gas. Nothing has been removed from it other than the spare and front sway bar.

My TTA weighed 3430 with lil less than 1/2 tank-

my silver limited weighed 3500 with no fuel in the tank
BW

Freak GN?

My GN weighs 3420 without me in the car and 1/4 tank gas, with tool kit, space saver and jack. My car is a coupe. It also has power everything. I have found that similarly optioned cars weigh almost 100 pounds more for some reason. I can not figure it out.:confused:

Mines 3675 lbs. without me in it but with the spare and 9 gallons of gas, laptop and stand and a few things in the console. ;)

weight

went today 3160 87 t with glass hood bumpers pro star wheels ,aluminum heads front mount and the car is loaded t tops pw,pl,ptr stock seats ...ect also I am building an 85 GN with a dfi stealth ram injected ,turbocharged,intercooled sbc lookin to make around 800 hp and be a daily driver !!!!!