How much can stock 85 crank handle?

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
Anyone have an idea how much the stock 85 turbo crank can handle horsepower wise?

Did a search and cant find the answer to this one.....

Im tuning my car now and after ridding myself of false knock issues....I wanna turn up the boost!

Anyone have an idea how much the stock 85 turbo crank can handle horsepower wise?

Did a search and cant find the answer to this one.....

Im tuning my car now and after ridding myself of false knock issues....I wanna turn up the boost!

Can't answer for sure but believe the crank is the same as the 86-87.
Max HP depends on other factors, but think 500 would not be much of an issue with a good tune. What is the set-up?

I'm currently having the car tuned and my setup is as in my sig.

Big question was what our cranks could handle....and how much different they are compared to the 87 crank. I can't recall if my crank had the rolled filiets or not when it was apart way back long ago.

I'm worried we will turn the boost up too much and split the motor open!

Any thoughts?

........ Big question was what our cranks could handle....and how much different they are compared to the 87 crank. I can't recall if my crank had the rolled filiets or not when it was apart way back long ago.

I'm worried we will turn the boost up too much and split the motor open!

Any thoughts?

Don't take this the wrong way, but even with a non turbo crank . . . . . if the motor is assembled correctly and the tune is right, you should not worry about breaking it with the TA33. :biggrin:

Haha and here I was all concerned I'd break something.....just didn't wanna find out the hard way!