How much boost is too much?

How much boost is too much?
I am going back to the track and I want to turn it up.

The Engine is stock un-opened with 140K plus miles
My last time out I had the boost set to 25-27 PSI with ZERO KR.
I was pig rich with my O2s in the 870s-890s So I was thinking of leaving the fuel alone and turning up the boost some more or would that put me to close to joining the BHGClub.
Yes I am using an ALKY kit M1 and 93 octane.

Or would I do much better getting the O2s in order? 750s?
TT-ALKY chip
TE-6031
Dutt neck
42# injectors
With the basic supporting mods.
NO WB :(
NO Power Logger:(

IMHO.... Tuning at this boost level w/o a wideband or decent scantool is like Russian Roulette.

If you are getting no knock..... and with the boost already pretty high for pump gas and alky........I'd lean it down some a little bit at a time.... until the 02's came around....750's on the 02's will be decent..... but at that boost level the tuneup needs to be there......

IMHO.... Tuning at this boost level w/o a wideband or decent scantool is like Russian Roulette.

If you are getting no knock..... and with the boost already pretty high for pump gas and alky........I'd lean it down some a little bit at a time.... until the 02's came around....750's on the 02's will be decent..... but at that boost level the tuneup needs to be there......

Scanmaster is all i have:(

If you're already running 25# - 27# of boost, I would leave the boost alone and lean out the car - but work slowly.

I have a very similar combo to yours and run right at 26-27 psi on an unopened longblock on 93 and alcohol, no knock. If you dont have a wideband, getting the car on a dyno to just verify the air fuel would be a good idea and I wouldn't put alot of faith in the stock narrowband. If nothing else, you should definately take a look at the plugs carefully as you go along.

If you are not knocking and not leaning out - keep going.

Narrow band will let you know if you are leaning out. Yes wide band is more accurate, but there is no magic number, so ya still have to bump the fuel around even with a WBO2. The accurate measure needs to be the one that measures performance change so the fuel change is known to have benefited or not.

Even with alky, at those boost levels, some race fuel is in order

If it's that rich the boost might even come up some as you lean it out, so I say start pulling fuel a little at a time.

sweet video. x5 on the fuel,turn it down until you get good o2s. was it that rich in all gears?

I don't mean to steal ur thread but don't no need a different narrowband o2senaor to run cam2(110) bc won't 110 ruin the stock o2 sensor? Bc I was thinking about going 50/50 with 93 and 110 so that I can run more boost to get power

110 wont destroy a stock 02. it will speed up the process of it going out.

With PROPER tuning & COOLING, I believe there's no real limit.

I've figured a way to get 50 - 75 pounds - not a conventially set up TR.

To much boost IMOP is when you press the turbo over its effenciency level.

You will probably see a point where you keep turning the boost up and theres no real performance increase.I also run 28psi but i run with a mix of 93/racegas and alky.I think the intercooler is the limiting factor.

Whats wrong with a scanmaster for tuning? Its been working for me for 10 yrs, and an EGT too.:eek:

28-29psi here on pump gas and alky. Hasnt gone boom yet.:eek:

We need some more specifics on your tune up............