How much boost in hot air car on pump gas?

BABY BOEING

Hello, how much boost can I run in a hot air car with pump gas? Car has adj. fuelpressure reg. kenne bell headers, 2.5 in d.p. and exhaust with no cat, warlboro pump hot wired and a k&n air filter. Thanks Jon

i can get 16 - 18 #s with little or no knock with the alky kit turned off, i was wanting to ask the same question was wondering how much boost everone was running? o2s are about 800 and timing is 22.5

way back in the day the most i was ever able to get on a super cold night was 20. on a normal day/night 16 or so max. but this was back when we didnt have good chips for the hotair cars.

most i've ever got so far on 93 octane with stock turbo/injectors and no knock is 19 psi. this was on a dry (but cold) 20 degree day. was using my turbotweak chip, but hadn't changed the timing in it.
otherwise, depending on the temp, i usually keep my boost at 17 psi. during really hot days of the summer, i've had to back it down to 15. i haven't played with my timing much when ambient is that hot, but might be able to get another lb of boost out of it. just need time to play around with it really

Hello, how much boost can I run in a hot air car with pump gas? Car has adj. fuelpressure reg. kenne bell headers, 2.5 in d.p. and exhaust with no cat, warlboro pump hot wired and a k&n air filter. Thanks Jon

There are too many variables to give any answer to this, such as;
• Engine mechanical condition
• Cam shaft profile
• Ambient temp
• Gasoline quality
• Chip timing
• AFR
• Actual Timing vs programmed
• Actual boost pressure vs PSIG
• Turbo efficiency, etc.

As Razor stated a long time ago:
Running XX PSI on pump with high timing without KR, is like winning the lottery. :eek:
Some but tickets and win, some buy and never do. :redface:

Think about it.
Most IC'd cars run around 17-19 PSI on 93.