How much boost have you..............

Over 60psi has been in stage 2 heads. What's your definition of safely? Most looking to make the most power are pushing boundaries.

Over 60psi has been in stage 2 heads. What's your definition of safely? Most looking to make the most power are pushing boundaries.

I like winning the race and then driving, not pushing the car back on the trailer so I guess that's my definition of safely.

Mike Booher's dragster is at least 60 if not more. Supercharged to boot.

nucnova said:
I like winning the race and then driving, not pushing the car back on the trailer so I guess that's my definition of safely.

If you're looking to win races you need to spend a lot of time and $ on R&D and be prepared to break stuff or don't race. Boost doesn't break engines either.

If you're looking to win races you need to spend a lot of time and $ on R&D and be prepared to break stuff or don't race. Boost doesn't break engines either.

Thanks for the education.;) By the way, I seldom loose. Want a shot? :D

Ok, I changed the post to" How much boost have you shoved down a Stage 2's throat". That means that I took out the "safely" part. Now can I just get a simple answer for a simple question. Jeeze!:rolleyes:

nucnova said:
Thanks for the education.;) By the way, I seldom loose. Want a shot? :D

That's great. Bring your car to one of the heads up races coming up and see how it goes.

That's great. Bring your car to one of the heads up races coming up and see how it goes.

3000 miles is a long way but it just might happen. Only problem is that I get this feeling that even after I drag you down the 1320 you will still feel the need to try to "educate" me with your wisdom and I can get enough of that here on the westcoast. ;)

Boost, IS just a number... depends on what your car safely can handle. For many years in South Florida back in the 90's there was a guy named Orlando that used to run 30+lbs on a 109 and folks all over the country use to say that he was lying and it could not be done and blah, blah, blah. It was done and now lots of others push higher psi numbers through their motors, both 109 and stage.

But, to directly answer your question, I know one person here in Palm Beach, Street-T on here runs a bit quicker than you and around the same mph and he has put up to at least 35lbs on a single turbo set up with Stage II heads.

Regards,
Shev

I can only say that the S2 Motor I bought was pushed to 38.
I hope I made this simple enough...:)

nucnova said:
3000 miles is a long way but it just might happen. Only problem is that I get this feeling that even after I drag you down the 1320 you will still feel the need to try to "educate" me with your wisdom and I can get enough of that here on the westcoast. ;)

If you need to start a thread asking how much then you shouldnt be touching anything. You obviously don't know what to do next. Hire a tuner to travel with you and make changes as needed to hit the numbers you want. it will save you a lot of aggravation and you car will go quicker without "pushing" anymore boost and much quicker when you do. If you're interested I'd be more than happy to recommend.

I had a conversation with Len Freemen a couple of years ago when he was still driving John and Marka's car. He told me they were going thru the traps at 50psi and 9200 RPM. I guess that what it takes to run in the 6's at over 205MPH. I don't know if I'd call it "safe" but it ran like that a lot longer than most people would think possible.

Neal

The plan is 40-45 when she's back together. Probably on an Arizona track. ;)

Your Chassis is not going handle those HP levels........without traction control, also for your own safety you should start thinking about something like this, your going to be in excess of 1500 HP. its going to get dangerous.

If you need to start a thread asking how much then you shouldnt be touching anything. You obviously don't know what to do next. Hire a tuner to travel with you and make changes as needed to hit the numbers you want. it will save you a lot of aggravation and you car will go quicker without "pushing" anymore boost and much quicker when you do. If you're interested I'd be more than happy to recommend.

There's a old saying that I think of everytime you rattle your gums and it goes like this" they just dont know what they just dont know". Come on out to Arizona, where it's over 100 degrees, the track temp gets up over 150 degrees and the grains of water are a high of 10.2, run your car and after it spits it guts all over the track tell me once again that I dont know how to tune.

Your Chassis is not going handle those HP levels........without traction control, also for your own safety you should start thinking about something like this, your going to be in excess of 1500 HP. its going to get dangerous.
Dangerous? Hah! I spit in the eye of dangerous. :cool: