How much alky do I need with this TA61

Turbo6Smackdown

Running a TA61 on 25 psi w/ stock heads and the rest in my signature. When if at all will I need more nozzles? With my build on 25 psi, what should this car be doing in your opinions? What's my boost limit for this turbo with alky.

Ok cool. Would putting 30 psi thru stock heads be like trying to fit 10lbs of shit in a 5lbs bag? Am I straining the system too much? What should I expect as far as ET's go with 25 psi? By the way I'm on 27" tires now, and the car has a bit more traction :)

Ok cool. Would putting 30 psi thru stock heads be like trying to fit 10lbs of shit in a 5lbs bag? Am I straining the system too much? ......

My experience in a similar build using a TE-60 turbo on a GN with a stock engine is a best of 10.90 at 26 psi.

This was with 116 octane on a really good track, and great weather conditions here.

The turbo was pretty well maxed out as the stock heads, which had never been removed, are a major restriction.

This car is a street car, but the driver and car had hundreds of runs and experience.

Before I would try this with alky injection instead of race gas, I would consult with someone who has been there and actually accomplished going the limit with alky.

Of course you can determine the limit yourself and hopefully only will need a head gasket to prove your point! :)

You will have to go higher to max the turbo.

I may be off-base here, but your comments lack credibility as it appears you have posted opinion as facts?

If you had your GN build and performance level in your signature, it would add some validity to all the comments you made.

The reason I am calling you out on this is many less-experiencedd members may take your info and actually believe it without considering the limitations?

I see this a lot from others as well, and opinions are fine, but not when presented as facts or a known, proven method.

Last edited:
The reason i am calling you out on this is many less-experiencedd members may take your info and actually believe it without considering the limitations?
They should believe it as I only post from what I have driven,built,tuned,observed.don't BS me either you are calling me out because I questioned your statement in another thread and you never answered me.you could have just pm me the info if you wish instead of getting upset and attempting to call me out:rolleyes:

My experience in a similar build using a TE-60 turbo on a GN with a stock engine is a best of 10.90 at 26 psi.
Was this on a downhill track?or was the car 3200lbs?the poster is at 25 psi and he doesn't have a 10 sec car.

you will have no problem running 30lbs of boost with the alky. But that is pushing it though. lol

Me and a few of my friends have done it without any issues. Just make sure everything is right.

Before I would try this with alky injection instead of race gas, I would consult with someone who has been there and actually accomplished going the limit with alky.
That's why I tried to help but since you can't see my hero sig guess you wouldn't know.there is also in the alky section a thread that explains how to tune on alky utilizing the alky control kit.

With stock heads you shouldn't need more than a single 10gph nozzle. The turbo could be brought all in with boost in the mid 30's with the correct timing and a/f targets. So not a lot of alky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be off-base here, but your comments lack credibility as it appears you have posted opinion as facts?

If you had your GN build and performance level in your signature, it would add some validity to all the comments you made.

The reason I am calling you out on this is many less-experiencedd members may take your info and actually believe it without considering the limitations?

I see this a lot from others as well, and opinions are fine, but not when presented as facts or a known, proven method.

His build is actually pretty high speed, but he likes to keep his stuff to himself. He has a pretty scientific approach to his tuning. It's very original too.

With stock heads you shouldn't need more than a single 10gph nozzle. The turbo could be brought all in with boost in the mid 30's with the correct timing and a/f targets. So not a lot of alky.

Just for reference, if everything was doing what it was supposed to do, what would mid 30's psi net a car like this? All I'm looking for is low 11's honestly. But NOT if I have to push the ever living shit out the combo.

I ran a stock engine at 27psi for 7 years. Single nozzle and a 6131. Best run was 11.3 on 27" mt's. That run was same tune and weight I ran on the street.

I ran a stock engine at 27psi for 7 years. Single nozzle and a 6131. Best run was 11.3 on 27" mt's. That run was same tune and weight I ran on the street.
Same here. Single nozzle, stock unported heads 25 psi street tune 11.20s. 29 psi more aggressive tune 10.80s with more in the tank.