How many times has your Buick left you on the side of the road?

Times left stranded

• Never

Votes: 51 47.7%
  • 0-5

Votes: 48 44.9%
  • 5-15

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • 15+

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ACLR8R

Just wondering how often you've been stranded by your Buick, because mine has to be somewhere between 15-20. This morning adds another, I just hate how it will seem to be running fine and then go crazy out of the blue. :mad:

Once in 20 years. :cool:

Never been towed. :biggrin:

Tie rod end broke and popped off in a parking lot, got a ride home and fixed it the next moring in the winter, it was an easier fix than I thought it would be. :smile:

Of course I can't blame the car, it wasn't greased for 2 years or more. :eek: :rolleyes:

A couple of minor mishaps set me back a couple of hours but never left me stranded in any way, one my fault (small water line), one the cars (module). ;)

These cars make great daily drivers. :cool:

Had to pull over a few times to re-attach my uppipe after installing alky, kept blowing off, but never completely "stranded".

Maybe I am just unlucky. Today just out of the blue started bucking and popping, then died. I had to walk to my house and get my other car.

3 times in 22 years with most of that daily driving between 2 cars (over the period). Twice for fuel pumps that crapped out and once for spinning a rod bearing (nasty knock!). Had it towed each time. I think for the length of time and usage, that's as good and reliable as anything else anyone could drive.

I had one leave me in another state. Ignition module crapped out. Had to get the wife to come get me. Borrowed a trailer and went back to get the car.

Knock on wood, never.... but almost once. :D

Trying to leave my senior prom, fuel pump wasn't kicking on. I had my wife (girlfriend at the time) cranking the car inside while I was kneeling on the ground in my tux banging on the tank. Got it to crank and fire! :cool:

Oh here we go

83 Regal Turbo............ (1) starter got hot (twice)
(2) oil pump quit while running on the interstate
(3) distributor problem
(4) carb problem
(5) master cylinder

85 WH1..................... (1) head gasket
(2) fuel pump (2007)
(3) cam sensor popped off oil pump shaft (2007)
(4) tranny pump stopped. (2007)
(5) master cylinder (2007)
(6) upper ball joint (2007)
I need AAA!

Lets see... snapped an input shaft at the Track, snapped an input shaft on the on ramp of the highway [only part throttle] - so BESIDES MY TRANS:rolleyes: - MY BUICK NEVER LETS ME DOWN!!!:eek: :wink:

I really thought it would be more, mine has been any and everything.

Spun bearing, bad MAF, fuel pump, bad fuel pump relay, bad ecm, chip mount in ecm loose connection, lug nuts shearing off and wheel coming loose, and a bunch I cant remember. I guess my car hates me :confused:

So far none, but I did have to do some emergency liquor store parking lot repair on my fuel pressure gauge rubber o-ring after I replaced my injectors. I pinched the o-ring putting it back on putting a good gouge in it, and when the motor got hot it let the gas loose, looked a little like a sprinkler :eek:

let's see....

#1 camshaft on the original 3.8 broke at the cam gear...

#2 with the new motor(350 olds...don't kill me, it was free) broke the torque converter bolts...

#3 350 olds let go...apparently the oil pump will not pump oil sufficently at over 6000 rpm

#4 2nd 231 NA motor...fried trans due to the cooler lines(rubber hose) melting on the exhaust.

#5 swapped to an sbc....fragged the stock 7.5 posi..

#6 new posi, destroyed the trans due to an error in the shift kit install..acted like a 5000 rpm stall...

#7 split the casing on new trans when the rear mount tore in two...

#8 wiped 4 lobes off the sbc camshaft(they don't like 8500 rpms) barely ran....

#9 broke valve springs on 5 cyl....should have replaced those with the cam....

#10 fragged the 7.5 due to the pinion nut coming loose after i had the pinion seal replaced....now the reason why only i work on the car...

#11 broke a valve at 5000 rpms....carnage included the cyl head, cracked block, twisted rod, and a piston that came out in 9 chunks...

#12 fuel pump for the new 5.3/t56 setup quit after 50 miles and 2 dyno pulls

#13-19 ecm decided to revert to factory programming and reinsert the VATS portion intermittently...6 times total

#20 desplined a 28 spline ford 9" axle and fried the stock posi unit powershifting second..

that's just counting the ones i trailered it or had it towed...the roadside repairs are too numerous...the sbc would throw belts any time i over revved the engine(which was at least once a month) and the mechanical fuel pump went out once....i used to keep modules/coils for the HEI in the trunk with just enough tools to install them.

hopefully the 5.3/t-56 and 31 spline mosers will hold up this time

1 time in rush hour traffic in the dark on the infamous I-5. Had the car trailered and when it came off the trailer, started right up and drove into the garage :mad:

I removed the chip and reinstalled and never had a problem since.:confused:

On another car I was almost stranded by blown CCCI fuse but I was able to limp home with slow pace and bigger fuse.

Overall, not too bad for some old cars

How many times has your GN left you by the side of the road.

..less than the TTA

Made it home limping a few times
And the 1 time it left me stuck was when the "hardened stator" snapped but at the time I was beating on it and it was an aftermarket part that broke not OE.

1 - The summer I met my wife it dropped the trani on I16

2 - The year we got married the Alt died about 20mi from the house.

We don't stray far from home much.

Mine just did this morning..... Unexpected tow expense:mad:

Ofcourse.... I got the feeling that will be nothing compared to the cost to fix it since it won't turn over now:eek: