How many #'s of boost can you run .....

Turbojorge

Unstoppable
when running Xylene? I was able to run 21 1/5 pounds with only 3-4 * of KR. :eek: This is my first time doing the ol' "3-9-3" Mix and the car feels awsome. I have never been able to fish tail for 20 yards on the street when shifting to second and it feels scary.
I turned it down to 19 1/2 just to be a bit safe and rich.

Just wondering if anybody has been able to run 20# or more with Xylene.

highest i ever got the boost with a xylene mix without any KR was 20 psi...with 93 pump gas i am lucky if i don't knock at 10 psi...93 pump gas just flat out BLOWS and that's why i am getting an alky setup very shortly...i am sick of the car not running to it's full potential just because of crappy gas:mad:

I HAVE RUN AS MUCH AS 22 PSI.

22 PSI WITH 2* OK KNOCK WITH THE POWER PLATE, 20 PSI NO KNOCK BEFORE I INSTALLED THE POWER PLATE. THAT IS WITH 91 OCTANE MIX.. :D

Originally posted by d0n_3d
highest i ever got the boost with a xylene mix without any KR was 20 psi...with 93 pump gas i am lucky if i don't knock at 10 psi...93 pump gas just flat out BLOWS and that's why i am getting an alky setup very shortly...i am sick of the car not running to it's full potential just because of crappy gas:mad:

Id KILL for 93 Octane pump gas..........91 here. It sux

With a 33% mix of 91 and xylene, I typically can run 19psi with NO DETONATION.

Their getting ready to open a Sonoco (spell?) near by and I hear they sell 94 Octane!

Is this true?

This is the only Sonoco I've heard of in Miami. It would be real nice if I can Get 17-18 psi of their gas. :D

18psi will be pushing it with 94. I am getting 17psi now but it is 50* out and I usually get about 1.5* of knock. Will probably have to cut back to 16psi when it gets warmer

I can run almost 17 # on pump 93 with 1-2* of KR and it's always 100 freaken degrees here. I wish I could save my money and BUY a 50-55 * day. :(

I haven't learned enough yet to go into alky. But I plan to in the future.

My R/A chip has a lot of timing. what chip are you running? I am debating whether or not I would be better off trying a Thrasher

18psi will be pushing it with 94. I am getting 17psi now but it is 50* out and I usually get about 1.5* of knock. Will probably have to cut back to 16psi when it gets warmer

I have learned one thing about these cars - everyone is different. With mildly ported heads, and unknown cam, TE60, and Bluetops with a homemade low timing chip (17 deg) I run 20lbs on the street on 93 shell octane all the time. Turbolink doesn't show any esc counts, and the knock sensor is quiet. It was that way for several thousand miles.

My point is, anything is possible, and people's cars vary widely.

I used to run the RA 93, but it was too heavy on gas. The Lubrant Chip I currently have has 20* of timing and it does just fine for the street.

Have you done a GM top engine clean on your motor? This helps to get rid of carbon that causes detenation at boost. I did it and went from 15psi on pump gas with 2* of KR to 16 1/2psi or so with almost no KR.

People say that the Power Plate has helped them increase their boost some and lower their KR. I will start looking into one next week.

18 # on pump gas (Sonoco 94) should be safe for me if the myth about the power plate is true. :cool:

im running 10 gal vp 110 5 gal amoco 93 2 gal xylene before pp 24# boost 4* kr. after pp 26# 2.6* kr on street

Chevron 94, 19.5 lbs boost, up to 3° knock on the shift. 18° timing in ME street setting.
Gotta love it...unless you're driving one of the local Poontangs :D
Jim

Originally posted by Jimn8or
Chevron 94, 19.5 lbs boost, up to 3° knock on the shift. 18° timing in ME street setting.
Gotta love it...unless you're driving one of the local Poontangs :D
Jim

Same fuel and same results, but with a 20* Lubrant chip and I've duplicated it with the Extender @ 21* in 1st & 2nd and 19* in 3rd & 4th. Add xylene and the fun never ends :p :D

pump gas usually 15 psi so i wont get any detonation
add xylene and take the boost to 16-17 still no knock with street chip and fair weather

last summer my car was running 110 turbo blue, reds 107 chip, 29-31 psi of FUEL PRESS and around 29 psi of boost
the car never detonated, and ran 830 millivolts all the way to 125 on the dyno
turns out, i put on a SMC EGT METER and the car was running 1630 DEGREES!!!
needless to say, i ordered the alky kit, and never ran the boost that high anymore--- strange that it never detonated though

I wish I could afford to run Xylene on the street all the time. My little turbo doesn't start to make REAL power till about 18-19 psi. I Love the way this thing pulls at 22psi with xylene.

Can I run a 100 octane race chip with 25* of timing with the xylene mix? I have a pitbull chip that came with the car when I bought it.

When I first bought the car,I drove around the street with that freaken chip on pump gas for 10 months before someone told me it was a race chip! :eek:

No wonder I was running like crap. :mad:

Originally posted by Turbojorge
I wish I could afford to run Xylene on the street all the time. My little turbo doesn't start to make REAL power till about 18-19 psi. I Love the way this thing pulls at 22psi with xylene.

Can I run a 100 octane race chip with 25* of timing with the xylene mix? I have a pitbull chip that came with the car when I bought it.

When I first bought the car,I drove around the street with that freaken chip on pump gas for 10 months before someone told me it was a race chip! :eek:

No wonder I was running like crap. :mad:

You can probably run the 25* chip if you keep your boost low. Run higher boost and lower timing or vice versa but I wouldn't recommend both. If you want to run the racechip, add racegas.

I run Sunoco 94 in my car all the time. No alky and no xylene. I have run 19 lbs of boost with 1* of knock. I think my chip has alot to do with that. I run the Jay Carter adjustable timing chip. As the boost goes up he takes timing out resulting in little or no knock.

I run 22# of boost using 100 UL and a chip from Jim Testa 0 KR. 25* sounds high for a 100 chip. I believe my Testa chip has either 21* or 23* timing and my JL 100 chip has 22* timing. My JL 110 race chip only has 26*.