how many people have a good grooms engine

jimmyboosted

just wondering if anyone has a good grooms engine

it seems some people say they are bad,but others say they beat the pi$$ out
of them any they are great. is it that some people mess them up on there own or do they suck ?

seems to me, they build them right. to what they told me :rolleyes:

I don't want to be rude, crude, socially unacceptable, and a smart azz to boot, but did you expect them to tell you that they built them wrong. As stated above, buy from 1 of the TurboBuick.com supporting vendors and / or speciality shops that are noted above.

of them any they are great. is it that some people mess them up on there own or do they suck ?

I have effed around with an engine builder such as grooms, and let me let me tell you from experience that it is best to go to a reputable engine builder who specializes in Buick turbo 6's.

But then again it is your money, and if you want some one to assemble your engine after rebuilding a kia motor, then thats your business.

Spend the extra money for quality, piece of mind and excellent customer service.

Its safe to say that Nick @ AZGN or DLS,Anderson,Cotton all have had 109's in the 9's.

What state are you, I am sure we can find someone near you to send it to.

mine fell apart after 500 miles , girdle was not installed right , wiped main #2 and partialy #4 , $ 4200 .00 went to the drain ..NEVER contacted them about it , knew they would say it's my fault somehow , got the new one build somewhere else , just my opinion ....STAY AWAY from them !

grooms engines

I have had one for three years now. No problems so far. I have about 5000 miles on it. Made about 25 passes on it.Still working on my combo.Hi 11s low 12s.

I'm sure the prices will be pretty different from 3 years ago, but how much did it cost you? Was it a short or long block?

sorry for the BS, dls is building my motor :D thanks for everyones help,however now i need a 109 turbo block

The cam in my Grooms engine went out and it was advertised as a Lunati cam. When the cam was removed it was a Reed cam. I'm rebuilding the engine this winter and I plan on checking their tolerances 'cause when I started the damn thing it knocked bad.....yes knocked, like a rod knock. This engine has only 3000 miles or less on it. It's going to have to be completely rebuilt. Not pointing blame anywhere, just stating a fact.

Wow, that seems like a lot as I think Autozone has one for $1500.

I have two that need rebuilding so I may just buy a kit from Postons and do them myself.

grooms engines

Becareful! You get what you pay for. I have learned the hard way.

DLS here in IL would be the way to go and I see that you decided to go that route. For $5k you should be able to put together a strong combo.

One more thing, the 109 block is a casting number. All 86 87 buick 3.8 V6 rear wheel drive engines used this block. There is no specific difference in the blocks themselves. The non turbo blocks did not have a hole in the front above the lifter valley that the turbo return line was threaded into. The boss for this is on the block and can be easily drilled and tapped. Just incase spending 600.00 is a little out of your league, sometimes you can find 109 blocks in N/A cars for cheap.