How many off-shore crank manufactures are there currently?

Mike T

I have been trying to come up with some simple answers on our cranks, like where exactly do they come from (company name) and who machines them.

In a fairly recent thread a trusted vendor said that there is only 1 place in China that the forgings come from now.
In my search of Chinese companies I've found 4 that offer machined cranks ready to ship. They have been in business anywhere from 2-10 years. I would speculate that they all must buy forgings from the same company since it was stated that there's only 1 doing this now ??

I compared the photos offered to my new Eagle crank and found a coupe of differences in the forging itself. This left me to wonder if the new Eagle may be forged by someone new or is it just a slightly different design of the same forging?

LOL.... one company was using a Crower crank for their product display so who knows what you would receive.

This is an example of one..... but their tolerances (in metric) seem to be a little excessive in my opinion....what do you guys think?
http://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...123224.html?spm=a2700.7724857.29.3.OVAOtN&s=p

Last edited: