How many of us here are the original TR owners of their cars? And Odd never seen before options.

Can't compete with Guy:
Had given up hope on getting one and then the late builds started showing up on dealer's lots in December.
Mostly optioned out similarly so I bought from the only dealer that didn't charge me over list price -even knocked off a few. Picked up Dec 20 and Dec 21'st loaded wife, kids and highchair and headed to Florida.
The I-75 break-in technique.

It did get stolen a few years in, two months later as I had given up and was negotiating payout I got a call from another jurisdiction " Umm.... you know we still have your car here?, didn't they (local PD) call you?"
A sting operation had broke up a parts ring and my car was rescued from behind a barn somewhere....

Oh, and I do have a block heater.

I was 2-5 years old in ‘84-’87. I’m definitely not an original owner, so I apologize in advance, but I can make some parallels to others postings.

As I was growing up on LI, there was a guy around the block that was the original owner of an ’87 GN. He had this Andrew Dice Clay demeanor and look, but the car was amazing. He had “Running with the Devil” pinstriped onto the decklid over the lock in yellow and red. That image sticks with me forever. When I finally bough my first car, an 1988 Skylark, I blacked it out and got an ’85 Somerset header panel with the split hi/lo sealed beam lights from the junk yard so I looked like a TR.

My first foray into owning a G-body was filled with pissing money away and impatience, to say the least, disappointing. Disappointment not so much with the car but in myself. I scrapped a piddly amount of money together to get a fixer upper. A rotted 1987 Regal Limited V8 with Y56 “T” package was all I could scrounge and I did rush jobs on everything. This car rotted faster than I could tack n new pans and panels. Sounds similar to Buddy below, but he probably fared better...

My story:
Three years ago I scraped up $3,000 and was on the hunt for a turbo regal. After many months of searching, I ended up in a field in southern NJ. On a trailer buried under 2 feet of leaves was a rusted out ,flat tired ,smelly, dirty one owner 86 t type with 70,000 miles. I was alittle skeptical until I pulled up the rear carpet to see a hole the size of my head in the floor pans. Then I knew I wasn't leaving without this beauty. I almost got buyers remorse when we dragged it out of the weeds but when we tried to fill it with gas and noticed there was no bottom to the tank, I knew she was a keeper!!!!!!!
(True story)

I swapped a 400 SBC w/ a 400 THM in only to sell the motor at the drag strip only if the guys would take the car with it.

I was fortunate enough to snag my ’84 GN at an estate sale “barn find” (legit, nothing shady). After I got it running and took it out for the first time, within minutes “Running with the Devil” was played by 106.5 Albany NYs classic rock station. I was totally excited about it then I though of Steven Kings “Christine”.
TurboTGuys story reminds me of it too, haha.

I think that white T just wanted to be owned by you and somehow found you.:D

The history of my car fascinates me, but I probably won't ever know its whole story. Being the original owner and walking into the dealer for a TR blows my mind. I cannot fathom being the original owner (nor physically could I have been).

Congratulations on your purchases Gents!! Thanks for Sharing!

Original owner here WE4, with the rare missing frame option. :rolleyes:

"Dealer" installed drink holder. :p