How Many "Kool Guy" Parts Have You Bought?

I've never seen an o2 dump on a turbo buick.....but they're all over DSM's

-Will

m233roller said:
Here's one of my KOOOOL GUY parts. Young guns probably don't know what it is ?. Took me 15 years to finally buy one. Just a show piece. Will never go on the car.

Fender dump.... I know a guy who had one on his 1owner GN..... But then again he is old.... JK

Fender dumps are not a great idea since about 80% of the parts cars I take apart that turbo car specific wheel well is cracked, smashed or already replaced with a non turbo one.

I bought a set of aluminum rjc pulleys which I'm positive the crank pulley the car should benefit from not so sure about the other since there's not a huge weight savings on the rest

Here's one of my KOOOOL GUY parts. Young guns probably don't know what it is ?. Took me 15 years to finally buy one. Just a show piece. Will never go on the car.

LOL at first I was like..boost activated test pipe dump!! COOL....then I realized how even more silly it was and now want to see it on your car :p

As for my cool parts that I define as not needed except to please ones eye....hmm a lokar dipstick and a polished aluminum catch tank that I have no idea what to do with :p

i still got the hole in my inner fender from that dump. i let my buddy try driving it at the track. must have been building some boost at the line cause he melted out a section of tire tread. cant believe he didnt have a blow out. i got a ticket leaving the track for excessive noise. it was smoking hot so i thought id just cap it later. sure sounded good though.

Here's a video of a front wheel dump.

Looks different but sure sounds nice.

~JM~

It appears that crapping on noobies is his agenda.

~JM~
I don't think thats his goal But it does sound/look like he enjoys it :D
i think its more along the lines of these old school Turbo Buick guys getting it done on/chisels and hammers, square wheels made from rocks and smoke signals lots of smoke signals all the while avoiding running into dinosaurs. Now add to that that they actually know/new what they were doing. it pretty much equals going fast with nothing.
Like another old guys signature on here says "i have been so much with so little that i can practically do anything with nothing" Something like that.

I don't think thats his goal But it does sound/look like he enjoys it :D
i think its more along the lines of these old school Turbo Buick guys getting it done on/chisels and hammers, square wheels made from rocks and smoke signals lots of smoke signals all the while avoiding running into dinosaurs. Now add to that that they actually know/new what they were doing. it pretty much equals going fast with nothing.
Like another old guys signature on here says "i have been so much with so little that i can practically do anything with nothing" Something like that.

Hell I couldn't say it any better !! Nuff said !! :D

I'm proud to say my only kool guy parts are my PTE front mount and electronic boost controller.:D

Like Grumpy, I try to employ the KISS method on my GN. Unlike many years ago when I was into 3rd gen F bodies I had many kool guy parts that did little for performance, or could've achieved the same thing using stock stuff.... which would've saved me a lot of money.

I got a 3rd brake overlite and I tinted the tail lights....I gotta make the back of my car look good cause I'm hoping that's all people will be seeing lol :)

ok ok ok... Kool Guy bolt on Parts to "Me"

Front Mount intercoolers
Fast systems
HUGE Turbos
Hooker Headers :rolleyes:
Alum heads
Big Cams
Stroker motors

....Prob some more that I am forgetting in my old buzzard age. :p So whats wrong with these "Kool Guy" parts ???? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING UNTIL THEY ARE ON A 12 SEC CAR !! Guys don't buy that these cars can go easy low 12s stock !! Never mind 11s :p. They buy the cars then just throw the big $$$$ at em and of course they are all goin to run 9s!! Now just throw on an Alky kit and 11s are a walk in the park for a stock car for people that can tune with a simple adj chip.

.....As far as the Chrome goddesses.. Whatever floats your boat..IF IT DON"T GO CHROME IT :D

ok time for a nap ;)

Oh well hell I don't feel too bad now. My only kool guy part is a PTE front mount. And in my defense, I was going to buy the SLIC but the FMIC was on sale for less money and I already had the cooling system to support it.

Hell... Its all in the combo. Everyone knows you need the lightweight aluminum heads to offset the additional weight of the big FMIC. Besides... Stock cars are usually boring.

~JM~