How Many "Kool Guy" Parts Have You Bought?

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Seems to be a popular subject. What was the last "Kool Guy" part that you bought? ;):p

Thanks
~JM~

Kool guy parts are defined as anything that does not directly improve the car's acceleration on a dragstrip while running race fuel. Must be accompanied by timeslips showing the improvement.

In my case, it's every dollar I've ever spent on it. Running reliably several hours from home, stopping, and looking presentable are all kool guy aspects.

Kool guy parts are defined as anything that does not directly improve the car's acceleration on a dragstrip while running race fuel. Must be accompanied by timeslips showing the improvement....

Hmm... What happens if you don't plan to Drag Race for a time slip?

Every part I've bought, or mod that I've performed, either benefited power production or reliability.

~JM~

It might be more fun to list 'Kool Guy' parts as all the bits and pieces you got for your car that didn't improve it!
My GN came with one of those vinyl 'bra' things which will never, ever be fitted whilst I own it!

I did fit the GNX arches though, and I might even fit the louvred at some point...

COme on guys what are you ashamed to admit you bought for your car?

70mm Throttle Body. Precision polished upper plenum. Aluminum EGR block off plate. RJC Aluminum Pullies. Valve Covers. Aluminum Vacuum Block. Powder Coated Brakets. Master Cylinder Cover. Just off the top of my head.:D

I have the cheapest 4 inch intake ever. Got a 4"/3" Spectre silicone step down for the turbo, 4 inch industrial powder vent tubing online from the "scrap bin", 4 inches of pvc 4 inch tube shaved on the inside to "port it" with an LS7 maf sensor slapped in it and a used K&N on the end of the pvc pipe. Used black ties to hold it in place. I got a 9 sec combo but only running 10's so far. Tuning takes time and I'm going one step at a time. It's the journey that's fun not the destination. I know once I get in the 9's, then I'm going LSX in my Z06 and throwing a couple turbos on that to go faster...

Kind of what I figured. Someone with a personal agenda.

~JM~

What would be his personal agenda? He's gone fast with proven parts, he has mentioned that he too had bought kool guy parts at one time. Not every part you buy is practical. If you look at all the parts KB use to sell, and claimed et reductions, you'd have a 9 sec car.

It appears that crapping on noobies is his agenda.

~JM~

Actually he is quit the opposite.... If you read into it maybe. But in general he is saying you do not need the newest wiz bang to achieve most of your goals. And he has proved it.... All witch would save you time and money. Sounds more like a friend then an enemy.

Electric exhaust dump years back which stopped working. Now I get under there and do it myself. The rest of the stuff works.
Grumpy is a old fart that will help you save money, time, and embarrassment! I have learned to "understand his post".

I had my car painted, that was definitely the single largest "kool guy" spend. I also purchased new seat covers, mine didn't make it through battery acid :(.

-Will

LED Digitails with 3rd brake lite & Power Logger.

Here's one of my KOOOOL GUY parts. Young guns probably don't know what it is ?. Took me 15 years to finally buy one. Just a show piece. Will never go on the car.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 186