How Many are REALLY left?

YNOVATE

I got the GN blues
With the recent post of Reggie Jackson's destroyed GNX...It got me thinking. How many GNX's are really left out there?

Does anyone really know?

With the recent post of Reggie Jackson's destroyed GNX...It got me thinking. How many GNX's are really left out there?

Does anyone really know?

The best data we have is 543 exist as of today. 4 have been destroyed, one of which was fully rebodied.

Of those in existence, 531 have normal history (or for vehicles not currently in the Registry, no adverse reports from prior owners). The other 12 have a record of severe events (major accidents or rebuilds, fire / flood damage, etc.).

Hope this helps!
Doug

Theres one in a garage about two miles away from my house. The guy had two but crashed one from what I have been told. I noticed he is a forum sponsor, not sure if he has ever posted though. I should also mention, his GNX was a track slut for years and years.

The best data we have is 543 exist as of today. 4 have been destroyed, one of which was fully rebodied.

Of those in existence, 531 have normal history (or for vehicles not currently in the Registry, no adverse reports from prior owners). The other 12 have a record of severe events (major accidents or rebuilds, fire / flood damage, etc.).

Hope this helps!
Doug

So when one of these cars is destroyed, how is it found out? it seems like the GNX is one of the most kept up with cars in terms of keeping tabs on them.....

thanks for the info! It is amazing that only 12 are known to have severe events happen to them! Just goes to show you that even back in the late 80's early 90's when these cars were new...the owners knew what they were buying.

That's awesome! :)

thanks for the info! It is amazing that only 12 are known to have severe events happen to them! Just goes to show you that even back in the late 80's early 90's when these cars were new...the owners knew what they were buying.

That's awesome! :)

Or the owners were smart enough to not report the damage to the insurance companies...

THese cars seem to be pretty secret squirrel when it comes to histories.

A couple are DD cars, one has in excess of 180K.

MOST however are tucked away and come up for sale to lucky individuals who know someone....

THe ones that go through brokers fall prey to "someone wanting fair market value".

I'm curious now. I knew a kid that came into money back in 89/90 and bought one. I heard he wrecked it not to soon after that. Northern IL area. I don't know what number it was or if it really happened for that matter, but I did see the car when he first bought it.

lol

no way in hell...... maybe a couple hundred tops..... i have been through this before with the Limiteds.....

I know of atleast 10 that were junked...after being wrecked and stolen.....

how may parts have been in ebay from a GNX?
how many do you think really got stolen? atleast 5% or more...
you think all these cars were sacred all these years? hell Kirban sold one back in the 90's for $13k with a bunch of miles on it....

someone has several gnx's and gn's and tta's stuffed in a warehouse somewhere , FL maybe.. saw pics posted on a forum (this one I guess). anyone know what I am talking about?

someone has several gnx's and gn's and tta's stuffed in a warehouse somewhere , FL maybe.. saw pics posted on a forum (this one I guess). anyone know what I am talking about?

They were all one owner or a father and son.. I cant remember the SN though.... there were both GNs and X's as well as TTA's... they guy was following his dream and doing well at it. Many props to him.

I really doubt if the actual number of those still around is accurate. A few were cloned and I know of two that I owned that might not have been registered.
As in ALL turbo Buicks, they weren't that well made from the beginning.

=]

Of those in existence.....
Doug

Doug, I LOVE the registry... great easy to use site. I hope to have my name on the list one day =]

...it seems like the GNX is one of the most kept up with cars in terms of keeping tabs on them.....

Yeah, thats thanks to the gnxregistry site... not all rare cars are lucky enough to have such a site.

I have seen dashplates pop up now and then on eBay...when that happens does the registry look out for that and mark that GNX as scrapped? I know most content comes from the owners submitting info.

Well, keep up the good work with the site. =]

Kirban sold one back in the 90's for $13k with a bunch of miles on it....

If I recall it had 173,xxx miles on it and I just missed purchasing it. I wanted it bad !! I think it was 2004 or 2005

Bryan