How Hot?

You know, Its not the heat that bothers you.....its the humidity :p

X2 on that one. I would rather be in Arizona when its a 105 degrees Than in Il when its 105 with the bs humidity. I still say you dont have to shovel sunshine:biggrin:

I just found out today that last week when I had my driveway sealed one of the workers got dizzy & started throwing up. The boss sent him out back to jump in my pool to cool off and he called today to offer an apoligy for using the pool. We didn't even notice and told him we hope he's OK.:cool:

In this heat don't use the push mower to much Bruce. I'd hate to hear of you having heat stroke. It's way to easy to get over heated here. I'm used to it and can cope but those that aren't can get over taxed and then you're flat on your back. I even wear a cotton poly uniform that's dark blue when I'm working so you can imagine how hot it can get in the sun.

Thanks for your kind concern, Charlie, that was nice. I will heed your advice.

When I'm out there mowing, my wonderful wife, Shirley, always comes out with a cold, cold glass of apple juice for me about every 45 minutes....man, I STILL can't believe a woman can love and care about a man that much....I'm so lucky.

Funny, I had a true heat stroke back in '84 doing exactly that....mowing in 100 degree heat at another house I was living at.....started sweating badly, real dizzy, then all of a sudden I stopped sweating, got cold, very sick, wanted to vomit, fell on the ground and could not get up...almost lost conciousness.....scared out of my mind, I asked God to please help....all of a sudden I had this strength to crawl like a soldier under barbed wire on my stomach...back to the house, slid open the sliding glass door with a stick, belly crawled on the basement to the steps, and up the steps like a snake....man, I could hardly stay awake...I then threw up, but crawled on my belly to my bedroom, into the shower.....could not reach the cold water knob, so I threw my hearing aid out on the floor (didn't want to get electrocuted with 1000 dc volts:D) and used a toilet plunger to push up on the cold water knob.....that rush of cold water was better than any feeling I've ever had, must have laid there for 30 minutes under that cold water....that was a close call for me....no one home at all, just me.

Last summer I did have a heat exhaustion attack under same circumstances, I barely made it from the garage to the house, fell on the floor to lay on the a/c vent in the floor, dizzy and sick as hell....Shirley covered me with cold, wet towels for a long time and refused to let me go back out anymore that day. I guess I have this strange habit of pushing myself no matter what, but, after what you said and posting the above experiences I've found that I will learn from experience from the people who care and past experiences and try to pace myself and stop pushing myself under these circumstances.

It must be a bitch to do car work in this hot sun.....I don't know how you do it.....I can't even stand it in my garage to work on my cars.....it's where I had that second heat exhaustion thing.....you take it easy yourself, Charlie. Feel me, yo?:tongue:

Jeeze, I talk a lot!:(

Bruce '87 Grand National