How fast can one go with a Stock Crank rod and Girdilled 109 block

Go for the rods even if you dont buy a stroker kit. I would buy the kit and sell the stock rotator for some extra $. A billet capped flat cammed shortblock should be very achievable and still have some more to spend on more hp parts. You should have enough to buy a used FAST system.

Na dont need a fast system lol
My buddies got a stroker and gtq70 bb that goes 10.10 -10.20's with a TT Chip :)

So I plan to go the same rought I just cant pop the 1550$ for the cheap stroker kit you also need the SFI Balancer the flex plate and all that!

I have sat and added up a ton of stuff many ways and it would seem my best bet and bang for the buck is going to be stock crank better rods and better pistons Flat tapped cam better heads and port the intake to match, girdel and then all the machine work to get it together and nice BB turbo I should be in the ball park for 10.40's or faster just hope the crank can take it. Way I see it is the girdel will stop some flex so it should help the crank live.

Or so I hope :cool:

I think the 60lb injectors will go further than people think-see times in sig without alky. And if I had it to do over again I would have bored my block .010 so I had plenty of room for more rebuilds. I think .040 is about the max you want to go so if you go that far you are pretty much on your last build & when something does happen your block is junk.

I think the 60lb injectors will go further than people think-see times in sig without alky. And if I had it to do over again I would have bored my block .010 so I had plenty of room for more rebuilds. I think .040 is about the max you want to go so if you go that far you are pretty much on your last build & when something does happen your block is junk.

So you have stock crank and rods then??

Maybe Ill just go .30 over blocks already .20 from what I was told

Stock crank & rods, two center billet caps and an ESP girdle. I am at .030 now and wish I wasn't. Machine work for a girdle & caps is expensive. Altogether I have well over 600 passes on this motor but I did freshen it up last winter with bearings, rings & hone.

Stock crank & rods, two center billet caps and an ESP girdle. I am at .030 now and wish I wasn't. Machine work for a girdle & caps is expensive. Altogether I have well over 600 passes on this motor but I did freshen it up last winter with bearings, rings & hone.

I really think Ill be ok :) May never see 9's but hell I dont have the cage for it anyway! :eek:

Low 10's will do.

Ya I have a quote from a local shop for $1800 just to do the machine work and deck the block and put it all together...but there the best shop around!