How fast can a car go with a stock MAF?

If you remove the venturi from a stock MAF (Steve Y mod) it can flow over 1000 CFM.

I thought it was gr/sec vs CFM.

How can more than 512 be electronically read? I understand the Extender chip can read up to 512, but what can read above this?

I am not saying that nothing can, just don't know.

I found it - The Extender Chip Extreme can read up to 767 gr/sec (255+512), next step should be 1024.:eek: (must have something to do with a power of 2 and computer thingies etc)

A guy named John with a TTA from Las Vegas had differant mafs flowed, on what he had reason to believe was a good bench using the proper methods. I sent him 1 of the mafs.

It has been a while, but the stocker with a screen flowed about 650 cfm.

Screens out flowed 750.

Round plastic focuser out as well as screens flowed 900. Add a velocity stack with a 4" opening and it jumped to 1050.

I would imagine differant benches and techniques have something to do with it, but the bone stocker seemed like it was in the ballpark, therefore I have no reason to believe the other configurations are that far off.

I think Mark Jackson went 9.60 something with a screens out only stock maf.

It still pegs at 255 due to it's design but that is not a factor with cars that are calibrated to deal with it.

Steve