How does your PYPES exhaust look today?

Other than the over spray from the body shop, looks new.
Don't remember if I installed it in 2011 or 2012

My system is about 4yrs old still looks great, once a year I wd40 and steelwool the tail pipes...Mike

Last edited:
Besides the look,was it a tight fit by the springs and such.Im in the process of finishing things up and in some places its like a 1/6th of an in of room before it would hit something?

No problems here other than oil stains when my rear main seal blew out.

I didn't like the tailpipes so I got the long,chromed slash-cut tips from Jegs. Cut the pipes and welded them on. The tips extend way under. So you can't even see where they end.

image.jpg

I am thinking about buying this Pypes exhaust. Do you have pics before and after the tip installation? Also would you have a part number for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had mine put on by Cottons. I try not to mess with exhaust anymore.

I ordered it thru them. They put it on. If I had a lift in my garage,it might be a different story.

Kirban has them in stock, and I stock them as well.
Just sent payment last friday Nick. Don't know when I'll get around to putting it on but it's gonna look a hell of a lot better than the hooker catback that's on there now. One of the bigger eyesores on my car for sure.

I have a dual 3in SS system on my car right now. I love the way it looks and sounds, but it absolutely kills me with drone at cruise and highway speeds. I am considering replacing it with this one so I can at least enjoy cruising in my car. I hear it is a lot quieter, but will it drone any?

I have a dual 3in SS system on my car right now. I love the way it looks and sounds, but it absolutely kills me with drone at cruise and highway speeds. I am considering replacing it with this one so I can at least enjoy cruising in my car. I hear it is a lot quieter, but will it drone any?

Dynomax VT mufflers are made in 3" as far as I know. ...drone free and a sound guarantee. They will refund if you don't like them. This is why I became the guinea pig for them , glad I did

Bryan

I was actually looking at these as I would need a 3inch center inlet/outlet. The body of the muffler seems to be bigger in the VT's. Would anyone happen to know if they would work? That would be perfect if they did?

They look like they just came out of the box a year later....Pypes exhaust are top notch.

Got the exhaust today-thanks nick! Much better looking than the aluminized hooker setup. The test pipe had a bit of flash rust on it but I don't care since its going on my 455 car. I'll just hit it with some 00 wool and wd40 and call it good. The tips look to be cut correct. Mufflers look good quality, comparable to flowmaster. The race flow design is an offset straight through so its definitely an improvement over the hooker aerochamber mufflers. Layout is similar to hooker with similar mounting points. The test pipe flange is 3 inch and the flange on the Y pipe is 3.5. Considering most run a 3 inch downpipe I don't see this as a restriction. Don't know what the hooker is but I can check sometime later. The bends look nice and clean.

Can't wait to get this installed. Although it doesn't come with band clamps, the clamps contained in the kit appear to be better quality.

Would you mind posting a pic of the tailpipe cuts? I am really considering this setup and just want to be sure.