How do I launch?

viper8ol

Hi Guys, I am new at the GN. I am having problems creating a consistent launch at the drags. I an trying to launch at 5 psi on footbrake. I can do it in my driveway(w/slick) but at the track I have a hard time getting to 5 psi. I am running ET street slicks. Does traction effect what boost you get? I think I get better traction in my driveway. At the track the tires want to start turning on the footbrake.

Good Question!
Holding the car back has alot to do with the type of brake pads on the car . Factory pads work great. But alot of the after market ones are to hard and not as grippy. Also Bigger wheel cylinders on the back will be helpfull also. Good Luck!

I do not understand. The brake pads hold the Car so I can launch with 5psi in my driveway. But at the Track I have a problem getting it to 5 psi. At the track I have to give more gas pedal and the tires want to start turning.

I will assume you are doing a burnout at the track. If you're foot braking on the burnout (using the foot brake to find the sweet spot where the fronts hold just enough for the engine to overpower the rear wheels and smoke the tires), I recommend you invest in a line lock. This way you can keep the front brakes engaged and not the rears while doing the burnout. The heat on the shoes causes them to heat up and NOT hold the rear wheels.

That maybe it. In the driveway I do not to a burnout 1st. At the track I do do a burnout. I do not have a line-lock. So maybe the heat in the brake shoes is it.

Very true. I just assumed you had a line loc. Get a line lock and with my set up you can launch at will!

That maybe it. In the driveway I do not to a burnout 1st. At the track I do do a burnout. I do not have a line-lock. So maybe the heat in the brake shoes is it.

87Regal is correct!!!! If you're using a foot brake to initiate your burnout instead of the line lock (what it's for), that's the reason for your issues.

ANY heat built up in the rear shoes will pretty much kill their holding force!!! The footbrake burnout gets them real hot, killing their holding ability.