How do I fit 6x9 speakers?

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
Know this is a common mod. Maybe there should be a sticky. Is there an aftermarket bracket?

another way

i've seen this done and have done it with a few guys who were too cheap to buy the adapters. but you'll have to take the interior back cover off to expose the metal, run a self tapping nut (short) just long enough to get a good bite into the metal or drill the hole and use nuts and bolts. as i said i've done it and regardless you'll have to take off the cover to install the adapters if my memory is still intact. walmart sells the adapters for about 20 maybe alittle less, don't pay more if you do walk out and go somewhere else.

anytime

try to help out in the section i know and i do know this, just as i said take the rear deak cover off as if you run self tapping screws you don't want to run them through the cover. the adapters help as they give you a tilt that'll help them fit, but if they aren't the large magnet speakers and just some regular maybe 60-100 watt speakers they should fit fine. you may also look into some 5x7's you'll have to add more holes into the rear deck to match up the mounting holes for it but they'll give you more then 4x10's.

I bought a setup (6X9) from Crutchfield that was supposed to work but didn't. The speaker magnet hit the torsion bar that holds the trunk open. I went back to the original size speakers that I also bought from Crutchfield. They are not very good sounding however. Peace, Mike D.

Yup. got the 6x9s in. The magnet is right on the torsion bar. I remember seeing an adapter that mounted the 6x9 at a slight angle. I assume that would be for the torsion bar.... Is this the answer. Would like to put in a larger 6x9. But I guess that's another question. It's a stock type stereo. It's out of an Impala SS. Not sure of the power it puts out. Does not sound great.