How Bout Them Longhorns!!!!!!

Yup, they should have put Vince Young on Defense too and the game would have been a blowout!

I was rooting a little for USC but it was a great game. I think they were definatly the two top teams. I'm going to miss college football for the next 8 months.

Finally!!

Finally someone shut-up USC!! They should have lost to Notre Dame, but they very much had the black & white stripes on their side that day!! :mad:

Matt Leinart(sp?) is an over-rated A$$!! He screwed up the last 8-seconds of the game (doesn't know how to throw it away to save another down), etc., and then has the balls to make his comments in the after game interview that USC is the better team!! No respect for the winning team at all, what a piece!! :mad: He'll disappear to never be heard from in the NFL.

K.

I agree with you, VY is way better of a QB than ML, the USC QB is an Azz. honestly i live in california but i dislike USC they are a bunch of arrogant bastards, i was glad to see they got shut down by Texas..

NCTURBOS said:
Finally someone shut-up USC!! They should have lost to Notre Dame, but they very much had the black & white stripes on their side that day!! :mad:

Matt Leinart(sp?) is an over-rated A$$!! He screwed up the last 8-seconds of the game (doesn't know how to throw it away to save another down), etc., and then has the balls to make his comments in the after game interview that USC is the better team!! No respect for the winning team at all, what a piece!! :mad: He'll disappear to never be heard from in the NFL.

K.

The better "team" may not have won, but the better "player" sure did! It was a 1 man show out there. His teammates just seemed nervous and error prone, so Mack Brown stayed with what got him there, Vince Young.

It was a great ball game, best bowl game this year and best football I can remember played on any level in a long time. 1100 yards of offense :eek: ....whew..... good stuff

I wouldnt say it was the best game in a long time because of 1100 yards of offense. A little defense would have been nice to see too ;) Especially at 4th and 5 a few yards from the goal at the end of the game...

Oh well, I'm not sad USC lost, cause I'm not a fan, I just hate texas.... If it was ANY other team than texas I would be happy. Well, except for Oklahoma, but they got theirs last year :p

USC did blow it in that last 6 minutes and therefore deserved to lose, but I wonder if the result would have been the same if refs hadn't incorrectly given texas that touchdown in the first half.

sh****T!! USC won that game!!! Im suprised no one has said anything yet. Take 6points away from the longhorns for the BULL SH*T call when the longhorns pitched it when he WAS ALREADY DOWN! but sence the coaches were at the other end of the field, and most of the ref's wanted to see USC loose no body called it! WHAT another tragety of horrible horrible calls! He was clearly down, his whole knee and shine were touching the ground before he tossed it to his teamate for a lat. play. That play changed the entire momentom of the game and in the end cost USC the game. If the ref's called it right it would have NOT been a touch down and the USC troj. would still be undefeated. Hard for me to understand how the ref's can't see a players entire right or left leg is touching the ground, BUT they can be picky lil bitches about the play clock. I saw a few delay of game calls that weren't up to par either but no one checked those calls either. Anyone know where the ref's are from?

Just my 2 cents. :biggrin:

STAGE 2 said:
USC did blow it in that last 6 minutes and therefore deserved to lose, but I wonder if the result would have been the same if refs hadn't incorrectly given texas that touchdown in the first half.

Same thing, cause Texas more than likely would have scored anyway...

XxDarkSidexX said:
sh****T!! USC won that game!!! Im suprised no one has said anything yet. Take 6points away from the longhorns for the BULL SH*T call when the longhorns pitched it when he WAS ALREADY DOWN! but sence the coaches were at the other end of the field, and most of the ref's wanted to see USC loose no body called it! WHAT another tragety of horrible horrible calls! He was clearly down, his whole knee and shine were touching the ground before he tossed it to his teamate for a lat. play. That play changed the entire momentom of the game and in the end cost USC the game. If the ref's called it right it would have NOT been a touch down and the USC troj. would still be undefeated. Hard for me to understand how the ref's can't see a players entire right or left leg is touching the ground, BUT they can be picky lil bitches about the play clock. I saw a few delay of game calls that weren't up to par either but no one checked those calls either. Anyone know where the ref's are from?

Just my 2 cents. :biggrin:

Unfortuneatly I only saw the last 10-minutes of the game. I spend entirely too much time in the garage... :rolleyes:

As rebuttal for your statements, I guess what comes around, goes around. You do remember the multiple calls given to USC in the Notre Dame game, right.

As for where the ref's are from... I'm sure they're hand picked from the best in the country maybe. Otherwise they must be from CA since USC did have home field advantage playing right there in their back yard. That's one thing USC and Fla. St have in common... They both always and only play bowl games in their home state!!

Does this all raise question of who should have won the Heisman?!?!?!

PS- I'm not a Texas fan, actually a Michigan diehard, ironically!! :rolleyes:

K.

The Heisman has nothing to do with this one game. It has to do with what happened all year. Just because Vince Young ate up USC's lower ranked defense, and Reggie Bush went against Texas' high ranked defense and didnt have a good night doesn't mean the Heisman was wrong.

If they just went by one outstanding game performance... that would just be silly.

litdog83z said:
The Heisman has nothing to do with this one game. It has to do with what happened all year.

I never said Vince Young should have won it, I just asked the question about Reggie Bush. But since you brought it up, are you saying that Vince Young only had just this one good game out of the season? You know he was the statistically top ranked QB in the college rankings this year, not Lienart(sp?)? And he is the only player in history to have x-amount of rushing and passing yards in a single season, etc.

Comparing him to Reggie Bush..., and I think Reggie is a player, and will be for many years in the NFL. But one stepped up and the other did not.

Hey now watch the Oklahoma comments!!!!!

That really was a good game, I hate both the teams but good game. If you think USC would have stopped them on scoring on that play when his knee was down your kidding yourself. They would have got it in on the next play. How can Leinhart say right after the game that USC is still better than Texass.

mydesigner said:
Hey now watch the Oklahoma comments!!!!!

That really was a good game, I hate both the teams but good game. If you think USC would have stopped them on scoring on that play when his knee was down your kidding yourself. They would have got it in on the next play. How can Leinhart say right after the game that USC is still better than Texass.

Because they are! They went 34 undefeated, that has to say something :eek:

GNguy said:
Because they are! They went 34 undefeated, that has to say something :eek:

And they are starting over back at zero.

Anybody who says "but we are still a better team" after they lose is an idiot.

Well, in his defense, Im thinking if you stick a microphone in someones face 60 seconds after they fully expected to win, but lost and ask them a dumb-azz questions like "What were you thinking as you watched the Longhorns march down the field on that last drive" you will tend to give what you get. Stupid questions deserve stupid answers. Reporters tend to ask questions that will "excite" their interview a bit.He later backed off his stance, and congradulated as he should have, going to the opposing lockers rooms to acknowledge the Longhorns achievement. And the game was going to end up with whoever had enough time to score would win. If USC would have had the 2 minutes left, I feel they would have won the game. It turned out to be a timing deal, and Texas scored at the right time, and didnt leave USC time to respond.

And as far as my "great game" response goes. My definition of a great game is one that you dont want to miss a single play, and nothing gives me that rush as an offensive showdown. A 7-3 final score with defense being the staple doesn't do it for me. Seeing 10-12 punts :rolleyes: It lived up to the hype for a change, and it could have gone either way.