How Bout Them Longhorns!!!!!!

litdog83z said:
Same thing, cause Texas more than likely would have scored anyway...

Not necessarily. SC stopped Vince "crackhead" Young and company several times in the redzone and forced a field goal. However more importantly lets not forget the fumble in the second half that the refs called a dropped pass. TX scored on that drive as well so we are talking about as many as 14 points. Regardless of who you are pulling for, the officals in this game were horrible. The cameras even panned to the officals upstairs who were shaking their heads when they saw the replays of the pitch.

No Three Peat

Thank God we don't have to hear about a 3-peat for the next year. Being an LSU fan, we won the National Championship in 2003, with USC getting an AP #1 ranking. Being a LSU fan that of course sticks in my throat. So thank goodness I don't have to hear about 3 peat. It was a great game and Vince Young was a one man show for sure. I think Bush will be a true talent in the NFL.

texas

UT earned it. If I hit the parachute button at half track instead of nitrous & I lose does that mean the guy in the other lane didnt beat me. Excuses are gay. USC was hanging on by a thread all year. No defense = no room for error. matt winert is a dooche for the post game comments. As far as refs it goes back to the osu vs miami national title game in 01. The zebras blew the last call in that game. Sean Taylor threw his helmet in the air in celebration 5 minutes after the play was over then the ref calls pass interference. It is hard for any team to be a dynasty. The get complacent. The underdog hasnt tasted victory so they are more hungry for it. Especially when a team like usc has been on thin ice trusting in the offense to take it down the field on last play. Bush & young are the best players in the country & will go on to the nfl to make alot of money & hopefully give everyone something to cheer about.

You get to whine for 12 more months

XxDarkSidexX said:
sh****T!! USC won that game!!! Im suprised no one has said anything yet. Take 6points away from the longhorns for the BULL SH*T call when the longhorns pitched it when he WAS ALREADY DOWN! but sence the coaches were at the other end of the field, and most of the ref's wanted to see USC loose no body called it! WHAT another tragety of horrible horrible calls! He was clearly down, his whole knee and shine were touching the ground before he tossed it to his teamate for a lat. play. That play changed the entire momentom of the game and in the end cost USC the game. If the ref's called it right it would have NOT been a touch down and the USC troj. would still be undefeated. Hard for me to understand how the ref's can't see a players entire right or left leg is touching the ground, BUT they can be picky lil bitches about the play clock. I saw a few delay of game calls that weren't up to par either but no one checked those calls either. Anyone know where the ref's are from?

Just my 2 cents. :biggrin:
It's 3 days later and I think USC has still lost. Yeah, the Refs missed a few calls, happens every game. They're human. How many missed tackles by USC on that one play alone? Tell me about those. The players are human, happens every game. How many of the "most" of the Refs actually wanted to see USC lose were there? Do you really think they're crooked? The crew was from the Big 10 conference, their highest rated crew. Wasn't the Vince Young backward pass (correct term instead of lateral) really an illegal forward pass? Was Reggie Bush's also illegal forward pass? If call had been made on Vince Young, the enforcement would be 5 yards from spot of foul. Or he was down where his knee was, your choice. Still Texas ball in the Red Zone. They still score. USC lost the game 'cause they couldn't hold a 12 point lead with 6 minutes left. One more question: doesn't USC stand for Unsportsmanlike Conduct? Have happy offseason.

STAGE 2 said:
Not necessarily. SC stopped Vince "crackhead" Young and company several times in the redzone and forced a field goal. However more importantly lets not forget the fumble in the second half that the refs called a dropped pass. TX scored on that drive as well so we are talking about as many as 14 points. Regardless of who you are pulling for, the officals in this game were horrible. The cameras even panned to the officals upstairs who were shaking their heads when they saw the replays of the pitch.
Where does the "crackhead" comment come from? Was he on crack? On the 'Fumble" play, that's no catch. He must complete the catch, showing possession AND control. He didn't have control, if he did the ball wouldn't have come out. The ground cannot cause a fumble but it can cause an incomplete pass.
Besides the ball went out of bounds, no recovery by USC, what's the beef?
The replay Refs in the booth had a malfunctioning monitor on the Vince Young play, got fixed later. What's your best conspiracy theory on that?

TURBOTWIN2 said:
Where does the "crackhead" comment come from? Was he on crack? On the 'Fumble" play, that's no catch. He must complete the catch, showing possession AND control. He didn't have control, if he did the ball wouldn't have come out. The ground cannot cause a fumble but it can cause an incomplete pass.
Besides the ball went out of bounds, no recovery by USC, what's the beef?
The replay Refs in the booth had a malfunctioning monitor on the Vince Young play, got fixed later. What's your best conspiracy theory on that?

The crackhead comes from the fact that vince young is an ass. No I'm not a bitter SC fan and I didn't lose any money on the game. However I know enough people at A&M and UT, who know more about Young off the field.

As for the catch both the announcers seem to disagree with you, so I'm not the only one. Finally, if you actually believe the "malfunctioning monitor" theory I've got a 75 Peugot diesel that run's 10's.

Sources

STAGE 2 said:
The crackhead comes from the fact that vince young is an ass. No I'm not a bitter SC fan and I didn't lose any money on the game. However I know enough people at A&M and UT, who know more about Young off the field.

As for the catch both the announcers seem to disagree with you, so I'm not the only one. Finally, if you actually believe the "malfunctioning monitor" theory I've got a 75 Peugot diesel that run's 10's.

OK, your sources are people in Texas. Fair enough, I just asked, I didn't dispute it. I lived in Austin for 15 years, even went to UT for a year and a half. I've disliked that arrogant, under achieving football program for years. This year I liked their efforts and accomplishments. I don't hate USC. I rooted for them against everybody except UT and Notre Dame, cause I like those teams this year, all 3.
As for the catch and fumble, I don't think the you or announcers have read the NCAA Rule Book. I have. I get a new one every year, but the most important part is the Official Interpretations and Approved Case Plays. Reading all that makes War & Peace seem like a dime store novel, but you're welcome to it: go to http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules.html. Enjoy.
My sources for the monitor malfunction come from an interview with Dave Parry, Director of NCAA officiating. He said the touchdown call should have come back. Dick Honig in the replay booth, who was the Referee for either last year's or the year before's Nat'l Champ game, was seen shaking his head like no touchdown, upon seeing the big screen replay. They have to have conclusive evidence IN THAT BOOTH to review and overturn. One more time, the monitor didn't work right then and there. It got fixed while the game proceeded. If your car dies after you stage, are they going to hold up the whole show and let you fix it? Also, who won the Nat'l Championship 2 years ago? Was it USC or LSU, I forget. Finally, I do believe you've got a Diesel Puegot that will 60 foot in 10 seconds.

RIIIIIGGGHTTT! :rolleyes:

Excuses are for losers.
Enjoy the offseason; USC now has the nation's shortest winning streak.