How bout some large cars....

ain't that the truth!! all the hp in the world is cool until you are paying more to fill your truck than what most people make in one week!!:mad: when fuel was @ the high, it was costing me right @ $1000. to fill my tanks.:mad: I am fortunate I only average about 70K miles a year. when fuel spiked I slowed down from 75-80 down to 65 & watched my bank account get larger. BUT when my customer says "I need it here now!!" then we put it in the wind, & they pay extra for it.

I hear ya! Last summer my boss would go down the local Citgo where we all fuel up, every Monday morning and hand the dude a check for 17K!! EVERY Monday morning!! I tried pretty hard to get the best fuel mileage I could, short shifting and coasting when possible. Sometimes though.......You just gotta go.......

With the GPS I also learned the faster you go, you don't save much time. I'd head out, punch in the destination, and it tells ya when approx your gonna get there. Get out on the highway, put coals to her and try to lower that GPS guestimation....You could knock it down by a couple minutes if it was a long ride and you were bookin but you hit ONE/TWO red lights when you get close and you loose it all........WTF! :D Slow and steady def wins the race.......

Very pretty truck man! I like it!

I do have to bust your chops about the rookie rods though.

I've driven a 600 and 900 KW but I like my 379 better. My Pete has a 500HP Cummins, 13 over Rockwell (stupid tranny) and 327 gears on 22.5 rubber. Matter of choice I guess.
I'll post pics tomorrow.

Never pulled a flatbed just food grade tank and swingin.

Thinking of hauling live. Anyone here haul livestock?

Anyone else here feel like they're driving a skateboard when they get out of their truck and into a 4 wheeler?

Mikey

Anyone else here feel like they're driving a skateboard when they get out of their truck and into a 4 wheeler?

Mikey
yea try getting out of the truck, then getting into the wifes vette & remembering to push the clutch in when shifting OR pushing the clutch in all the way to activate the clutch brake. :mad:

Very pretty truck man! I like it!

I do have to bust your chops about the rookie rods though.

I've driven a 600 and 900 KW but I like my 379 better. My Pete has a 500HP Cummins, 13 over Rockwell (stupid tranny) and 327 gears on 22.5 rubber. Matter of choice I guess.
I'll post pics tomorrow.

Never pulled a flatbed just food grade tank and swingin.

Thinking of hauling live. Anyone here haul livestock?

Mikey

I hated the rookie poles too. I mensioned I was going to take em off and the guy that used to drive it was like....:O So I left em on..... They didn't bother me too much after a while....

I always preffered CATs and big rubber.....

A downeast Mainah called a skateboard with the flatbed and no head board on the radio one day...:D First time I heard that......

I always preffered CATs and big rubber.....

The Pete had small rubber when I bought it but I have to agree big rubber is best.

I only ever had one truck with a cat. It was an old T-600 with a 325 cat and a nine speed. My second truck. Pulled pretty good though for such a small motor as long as it was flat ground.

Does anyoe else remember those 325's would run backwards? If you stalled it and pushed the clutch in before it completely quit running it would fart and run backwards. You'd look down and see the oil pressure guage at "0" and go "OH SH##".

Mikey

Nice Ride Russ..

I work for a KW dealer, I haven't seen one that old in quite a while.
They have Mechanical Cat questions in all the CAT training I've done.

I can instruct you how to get 650-700 hp out of that thing...:biggrin:
(you'll get that much power, for how long is the trick :wink: )

think Paul makes sway bars big enough for a big rig:rolleyes: those trucks kept torquing and pulling ONLY the drivers side:eek:;) .... pretty cool

Funny, right after that event all the dealers get an influx of driveline problems :biggrin:

Now this is the run of the century :eek:
[YOUTUBE]OlELmIC0rWc[/YOUTUBE]