Security upgrade

gn4u2c

Yes Its fast no you can't
Well the new T is up and flying so time for security update as it seems theft has not dropped off on these cars. First and foremost the steadfast column guard is a great first addition helping stop the quick column smash and drive-off. So I did that. 2nd the old kill switch get inventive on what you kill ecm ? fuel pump? starter? ing module? or ??... do what I did and kill 2 this helps your odds for the love of god don't stick a shiny chrome flip switch under your dash somewhere.:rolleyes:. Next we have the alarm .. for personal reasons I prefer silent alarms... Like If I'm close Your ass will get shot or stabbed I always have something with me :biggrin: Now you need a small hidden battery to power this alarm any good thief will have the power cut to an alarm in just a few seconds. A stand alone unit will buy you valuable time, I always use a gps tracking type very affordable these days with 5 warnings I use, 1 e-mail me at work This pops up instant on my monitor at work, 1 text msg, and 3 calls my house and cell, my wifes cell set odd ring tone so you know right away.
At home we wired up a motion sensor outside that when tripped starts recording and has a live internet simulcast home and office pc have popup window when it starts and I get a e-mail.(mobile e-mail alerts are cool:)) Lastly the old hurst dual roll control. I use that for quick stops mounted down low and hidden best as possible runs off the alarm battery so mash brakes set and it will stay even key off and out they have a very small draw and can run several days but again I just use this for the short mall / store trips this prevents the quick tow all 4 wheels locked people will notice a car being dragged.

Now this may sound like overkill but it can all be setup and done in 1 day and it last for yrs and yrs. Why and I anal ? had a truck stolen yrs ago and attempted theft of one of my cars in Fells point. Lucky I was close and was able to slam the guys head in my door jab about 30 times needless to say he did not get the car.

I really hate hearing about stolen cars here do yourself a favor be vigilante. 10-1 theifs are reading this board to learn where our cars are. just make it way to hard for them.

Already overhauled by me :) I like doing things my own way anyhow .. I would most likely wind up pissed if they overhauled my car as I want what I want :)

Already overhauled by me :) I like doing things my own way anyhow .. I would most likely wind up pissed if they overhauled my car as I want what I want :)

Funny you say this. My wife & I were watching an old episode of Overhaulin' a few days ago and I told her to never, ever think of calling these guys for my car.

A GN rolling on 20's, glitter paint, & LCD screens is ghetto & sure as f^ck isn't me.:mad:

Well the new T is up and flying so time for security update as it seems theft has not dropped off on these cars. First and foremost the steadfast column guard is a great first addition helping stop the quick column smash and drive-off. So I did that. 2nd the old kill switch get inventive on what you kill ecm ? fuel pump? starter? ing module? or ??... do what I did and kill 2 this helps your odds for the love of god don't stick a shiny chrome flip switch under your dash somewhere.:rolleyes:. Next we have the alarm .. for personal reasons I prefer silent alarms... Like If I'm close Your ass will get shot or stabbed I always have something with me :biggrin: Now you need a small hidden battery to power this alarm any good thief will have the power cut to an alarm in just a few seconds. A stand alone unit will buy you valuable time, I always use a gps tracking type very affordable these days with 5 warnings I use, 1 e-mail me at work This pops up instant on my monitor at work, 1 text msg, and 3 calls my house and cell, my wifes cell set odd ring tone so you know right away.
At home we wired up a motion sensor outside that when tripped starts recording and has a live internet simulcast home and office pc have popup window when it starts and I get a e-mail.(mobile e-mail alerts are cool:)) Lastly the old hurst dual roll control. I use that for quick stops mounted down low and hidden best as possible runs off the alarm battery so mash brakes set and it will stay even key off and out they have a very small draw and can run several days but again I just use this for the short mall / store trips this prevents the quick tow all 4 wheels locked people will notice a car being dragged.

Now this may sound like overkill but it can all be setup and done in 1 day and it last for yrs and yrs. Why and I anal ? had a truck stolen yrs ago and attempted theft of one of my cars in Fells point. Lucky I was close and was able to slam the guys head in my door jab about 30 times needless to say he did not get the car.

I really hate hearing about stolen cars here do yourself a favor be vigilante. 10-1 theifs are reading this board to learn where our cars are. just make it way to hard for them.
What is a "Hurst dual roll control" device? Sounds like a great product.

:eek: :eek: :eek: $950 battery Holy $hit !!!! Im having probs consciously parting with that amount of $$ for a turbo lol!!!!

yeah there are many cheaper solutions i was going to use a tractor battery from walmart $24.00 with a 2 yr warranty but this just has the cool factor as its super light and is good for 10 yrs.

You can wire a switch inline on the orange wire that goes to the battery. (ecm power lead), wire in a switch for the power lead that goes to the fuel pump relay, put a mean and hungry pit bull in the back seat, stand watch with a .50 cal Desert Eagle. The combination of the above should keep the car relatively safe.

Seriously, even if you don't do the last two, a column gaurd plus some kill switches work preety well if the thieves aren't using a tow truck. It also helps to relocate the battery to the trunk. In the stock location, it's all too easy to drill into the battery to short it out, thereby killing all power related anti theft devices.

I somewhat disagree. On one end you will get compensated for the car. But if i wanted money I would just sell the car. A turbo regal pretty much being my child hood dream car, I'm pretty attached to the car I already have and do what I can to keep it that way.

I 2nd the crazy lookin bulldog in the back seat.
Haven't tried it but this method looks interesting too.
Poor Man's Pass Key System

I Make adjustments to my Chip and when I cut the ECM, I lose my settings:frown:

So you get a windshield washer squirter, mount in behind the side mirror, pointing up, small tank and pump in trunk, fake door look extension so it looks like its unlocked (bait)

When they test the handle it activates the pump giving about 3 sec's untill a secret blend of caustic evil pepper liquid fills their eyeballs blinding them instantly anc causing them to run away screaming like a little beeeiiiitch

its a shame that threads about car security always turn into jokes about trunk monkeys and flamethrowers.:rolleyes:

I like kirbans secret security system its simple so simple its crazy...But its effective and cheap...I just bought one and plan on adding a few others to go with the one i already got....

do yourself a favor be vigilante.

This is my favorite quote of them all, vigilante justice makes a difference, police justice unfortunately does not. Only until you are a victim do you receive help. I'm all for vigilante justice. Now, if only Illinois would allow concealed carry.:mad:

Relay5.JPG

You will need to modify it slightly by moving the "To Starter Solenoid" wire from the "87a" to the "87" terminal on the relay. Some relays don't have the 87a terminal.

When terminal 85 on the relay is grounded, the car will start. When it's not grounded or open the car will not start.

Ignition.jpg