Houston, Red-Light Ticket Cameras...

FYI, automatic ticket cameras are going up in H-town!

Red Light Cameras Will Soon Ticket Motorists $75 Fine For First Offense:

KPRC -- HOUSTON -- Motorists will soon be ticketed by a camera for going through a red light at 10 intersections across the city, KPRC Local 2 reported. Officials with the city of Houston said the locations were selected based on the number of crashes at the intersection and how many crashes running a red light caused.

Officials said American Traffic Solutions, the company that was awarded the contract to run and install the cameras, will have the first 10 cameras up by mid-July. The company will install cameras, in groups of 10, every 30 to 45 days. Officials said a public awareness campaign designed to inform motorists of the cameras will last about 30 days, with no citations being issued for that time.
Drivers can expect to get a $75 fine for a first offense and up to $150 for a third.

The first batch of red light cameras will be installed at the following intersections:

* Bay Area Boulevard at El Camino Real
* Bellaire Boulevard at Fondren Road
* Bellaire Boulevard at Wilcrest Drive
* Bingle Road at Pinemont Drive
* Elgin Street at Milam Street
* Hillcroft Street at Harwin Drive
* Hillcroft Street at Westpark Drive
* John F. Kennedy Boulevard at Greens Road
* Richmond Avenue at Dunvale Road
* Travis Street at Webster Street

paint some clear

is it true that if you spray ten or more coats of clear paint on tag, it makes it too reflective for the camera?

garyk1970 said:
is it true that if you spray ten or more coats of clear paint on tag, it makes it too reflective for the camera?

I'm not sure but I do know its illegal in Texas and most likely other states.

it must work if its illegal....?? i remember a product "as seen on tv" awhile ago that claimed that if you spray on tag the camera wouldnt take a clear picture.didnt take a rocket scientist a figure out it was clear coat paint(as i figured that out :rolleyes: )only $19.99 a can !!!

i thought of doing this and when i drove through a city that had cameras and got caught by a yellow(um red),then me being out of state would be except?(if i got caught with the paint on tag.)

i remember a story of when cameras first came out(i dont remember which city)and a guy got sent a picture of him runing a red light with a fine of $220....he sent back a picture of $220 in cash for his fine!!the police cheif didnt take to kindlly to this and sent him a picture of handcuffs.....he sent the money...

Heay is that the same spray I keep seeing on tv.......the one that attracts college girls? OH diffrent stuff.. :eek:

I wish like h%ll they'd do that here! I cannot count how many near misses I've had by a$$holes running lights.

BTW, what ever happened to the proposed legislation to do away with our front plate ? ? ?

S10xGN said:
I wish like h%ll they'd do that here! I cannot count how many near misses I've had by a$$holes running lights.

BTW, what ever happened to the proposed legislation to do away with our front plate ? ? ?

I'm not even sure it ever went up for a vote.