HOTAIRGNX548 1/8 MILE TIME

Thats awesome! It gives us hot air guys hope! Any pictures of the hot air intake mods? I hope its not secret magic that can not be told lol, I mean theres not many of these hot airs so why not share :)

Not magic, pictures wouldn't help anyway. Anyone can gut an intake but it has to be ported and flowed with precise equipment.

There is someone out there doing this for us hot air guys?
T here are alot of things to do to a hot air, free flowing headers,3 in down pipe,bored throttle body,larger turbo,alky system,roller cam,roller rockers,trans mods,higher stahl converter, lots of writeups start reading,you will have to choose how much you can afford. Most of what works on 86/87 cars work but you'll need to to find ways to get them. Actually no secrets. If you are or know fabricators it helps. Years ago we used fish tank valves to control boost. John

The good old days of fish tank bleed valves. That rush of air inside the car when you come into boost. Hahhaha

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The good old days of fish tank bleed valves. That rush of air inside the car when you come into boost. Hahhaha

OK Brent .... Get that car to the Track... ;)

I am working out the details to get my MONEY PIT on the road... I am recycling ALOT of parts most of us threw away.... This should interesting :eek::eek::eek:

T here are alot of things to do to a hot air, free flowing headers,3 in down pipe,bored throttle body,larger turbo,alky system,roller cam,roller rockers,trans mods,higher stahl converter, lots of writeups start reading,you will have to choose how much you can afford. Most of what works on 86/87 cars work but you'll need to to find ways to get them. Actually no secrets. If you are or know fabricators it helps. Years ago we used fish tank valves to control boost. John
I mean the intake itself, do you have any videos of it your car?

Face it wahoo.....the intake mod details will never be spelled out on this forum....just the way it rolls.

Maybe in october. I know what it runs. I'm having a blast on the street

Face it wahoo.....the intake mod details will never be spelled out on this forum....just the way it rolls.

actually i have documented very well how the hot air intake works and how and why i did the mods to it. Hell i was giving out this info when i was all but called a idiot for doing the mods i did. But that a another story. But the info is out there.

But what you are asking for somebody's hard work to be given to you..........

That I don't get because its not like its the only thing needed to make a hot air fast, let alone there's so few of us hot air guys... Mean everyone knows there's gbodysparts down pipe available but it's not like every hot air has one installed.

Letting the cat out of the bag doesn't mean everyone gets the cat!

actually i have documented very well how the hot air intake works and how and why i did the mods to it. Hell i was giving out this info when i was all but called a idiot for doing the mods i did. But that a another story. But the info is out there.

Turbo buicks is a community and in that community there is a small sub group with hot air cars... What's wrong with helping out the needy?

I'm not saying for someone to mod intakes for us free of charge, but its nice to see what needs to be done and that someone is there with the skill and experience.

You'd figure the hot air community would work together to try to give us an edge on the intercooled guys but I guess not.

You misunderstand.....I have never, nor will I ever ask for anything to be given to me. Just an observation. Back on topic now.
It's nice to see there are others that are still interested in making great numbers with a hot air. Kudos again to hotairgnx548.

Letting the cat out of the bag doesn't mean everyone gets the cat!
True, but if you're the exclusive owner of the cat wouldn't you want to be the one that could rent it out.;)

I've shown just about all my mods to the frame, turbo, and controls on my draw through car but I'm not about to show all of them.:p It gives me a slight edge over others that could copy some of my work and ideas and it takes time and money to do the stuff I do.:) Jamie and her husband have worked long and hard on their 10 second car and I don't blame them one bit for not sharing all the info they've gathered on how to make it work.

There's lots of threads on intakes, heads, cams, headers, as well as control systems on the board and if you do a little searching you might just find the info you're looking for, but don't expect someone to just give it out after they've spent years trying to figure out how to make their car work they way they wanted it to.:D

WAHOO .... This forum was VERY BRUTAL back in the day... IF you search the forum you will find out how brutal... SLOGN basically outlined what he did to the intake in other post. The HOT AIR community is very small and VERY OPINIONATED... When one makes a major break through we call congratulate them. Trust me, this did not just start. No one is going to give up everything. My car will run the number.. it may to be similiar but it will run. As far as a twin turbo Hot Air... I have my 4.1 mocked up and I actually could start it up now... It took me 5yrs to sort out. The Pace Car was researched for what parts I could source. I had to settle for a similiar setup minus the second throttlebody. The harness took a year to build and the ECM parameters are exclusive to my specs. At some point I will disclose parts of my build. I actually had access to a Banks twin turbo v6 and I took notes and compared the Banks to the Pace Car 4.1 Riviera. The Pace Car 4.1 Riviera had TO MANY one off parts, I had to go another route....

Way to go John, you car running great! I’m hoping to get a 6 second pass in the future as well. Just can’t seem to shake a long string of bad luck with my car

Congrats Way to go John, cant wait to get there myself.

The statement that this is a brutal forum is correct.
The cheap, easy way to make a HA car run is a mystery to most HA car owners
and that is why I went with with the 86/87 intakes and 3" D/P's to get what I wanted.
It worked for me and now with alky injection and bigger turbos, I am happy.
Congrats to John. Great job!