HOT ROD magaizine, no respect for Grand Nationals

I'm inclined to agree with this statement to a certain degree, however, I would venture to guess that if you were to go on ANY other board and say the same things you said here, you would receive similar if not more harsh treatment from the members of those boards.

The fact remains that this board in no more guilty of the actions you've mentioned than any other board out there so I guess my question is :

"Why here, why now?"

I've mentioned in previous posts that I have lead similar crusades on other boards. You are absolutely right about this kind of stuff happening on other boards. Just because it happens elsewhere, doesn't make it right. To answer your question of why here and why now.....I decided to buy a TR not too long ago and I came on here to do my research so I could have some sort of idea of what I was doing when I started to mod. Me and my benevolent agenda got side tracked with the kills section.

I've mentioned in previous posts that I have lead similar crusades on other boards. You are absolutely right about this kind of stuff happening on other boards. Just because it happens elsewhere, doesn't make it right. To answer your question of why here and why now.....I decided to buy a TR not too long ago and I came on here to do my research so I could have some sort of idea of what I was doing when I started to mod. Me and my benevolent agenda got side tracked with the kills section.

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted, I think want to get a new puppy................:)

Everyone here was a newby at some point but very few of them were stupid enough to try and pick a fight with fellow members. Those that did usually end up getting ignored or thrown off the board.:eek: Something to think about.;)

Well I've never posted in the kill section only my personal experiences with my own cars with information that mite be helpful with other owner having difficulties with there cars and you had no problem calling me a idiot and ignorant good luck with your car

Well I've never posted in the kill section only my personal experiences with my own cars with information that mite be helpful with other owner having difficulties with there cars and you had no problem calling me a idiot and ignorant good luck with your car

And I'd still have no problem calling you that. I thought this thread was done?

HOT ROD has sucked since Jeff Smith left as Editor. It was very well run and had accurate articles. The Pro Street era was hot rods greatest fabrication era ever. More small time guys were able to build big time cars and compete with big $$$ builders by using their imaginations and color. For those of you too young to remember...it's ashame.
If Mark H reads this...he'll agree.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

HOT ROD has sucked since Jeff Smith left as Editor. It was very well run and had accurate articles. The Pro Street era was hot rods greatest fabrication era ever. More small time guys were able to build big time cars and compete with big $$$ builders by using their imaginations and color. For those of you too young to remember...it's ashame.
If Mark H reads this...he'll agree.

I'm more of a fan of the street freaks of the seventies. What they lacked in quality they made up for in flash with the wild paint and wildness in general. And many where actually run and opposed to the pro street that cruised the fairgrounds. Just my opinion. Jeff Smith was a great journalist. I like frieburger too but he he knew print media is done or he wouldn't have left in the first place. Now they are trying anything to get readers.

They gave up hosting the Hot Rod Supernationals. It existed for over 25 years. Last year was mid 2000's. I attended from 1983 to 88 as a spectator and from 89-02 with either my 62 Chevy or my Max Wedge...both had won awards. I really miss the show. The Magazine went on to feature only the huge money cars. That's not what sold copies. When I could open up and read about Frank Guidace's Chevelle and know it was built in a 3 car garage in Mercer, Pa...that was huge and gave everyone hope that you could build a car in your garage and get it in Hot Rod. No more. Now you need a big time shop and have to spend $100,000 or more. Plus it has to fit all the "high tech" categories or it gets axed. Also...they don't feature Black cars...or at least they never would. I haven't read an issue in years.

I will give them props for drag week and power tour. Great ideas and seem to get a pretty good turn out from what I saw last year at Ennis and this year at the college where they setup in the parking lot. Had a great time at both events.

There is a magazine called HOT ROD ??

Wow, when did this happen and what's it all about??

ah. Hot rod is for the weido guys anyway.. We are GM High-Tech guys :) be happy we are the lucky ones.

We are GM High-Tech guys

When did this happen??

How come nobody told me???

DAMN I need to get out more often!!!

Somehow a 27 yr. old car and high tech don't seem to sound right in the same sentence.

What's being done with this old low tech car is good though.

I had a subscription to Hot Rod and Car Craft for 3 years, 1970-3...

read thru the first 3 pages, then decided to post this:

did any of you actually read the paragraph that you are getting so freakin outraged over? it was about 78-87 A and G bodies- "those Monte Carlo SS and GN-like cars"... they didn't say anything negative about the GN, just used it as an example of the highest end cars built on that platform...it doesn't even say that the car in the pic is a GN- it was just used as an example of the types of cars that used that platform.

comprehension is key..

so if this got covered in the last 3 pages, well, that's good... but i could only read thru 3 pages of people getting all offended over a perceived slight of their precious favorite car that was never even written in the article in question.

You have trophies for your love making?

also known as 'fu*k trophys' or 'crotch droplings'.

I prefer my trophys to be in memory and DVD form
poon.gif