HOT ROD magaizine, no respect for Grand Nationals

gnon18s

Hot Rod magazine calls the Buick GN a "Grandma's hot rod" and says they are good for 16-year olds. Needless to say I disagree! I think a lot of people, GN owners and non-GN owners would disagree. You would think Hot Rod magazine would have a little more respect or a legendary car like the Buick Grand National.

This from an editor who's orange dodge never gets out of the garage. Even with sponsorship of magazine articles getting parts "donated".
It just reminds me why I don't subscribe any more even for $10 a year. Just not worth it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Goes to show they have a mag for the $ not the love of the cars. some people never wake up! GOD probly cruises his streets of gold in a TURBO BUICK!!

I was reading that and laughed. Give it to your 16 year old ? Yeah if you want to get rid of them.

This from an editor who's orange dodge never gets out of the garage. Even with sponsorship of magazine articles getting parts "donated".
It just reminds me why I don't subscribe any more even for $10 a year. Just not worth it.

Yup! The hemi Mopar AND the F-bomb Camaro. Two awesome cars that are owned by Freiburger and were built with sponsored parts. I have never seen either car do anything. ....Oh wait, they locked up the tires on the F-bomb and ran it into a curb right after they finished it!

I can't tell if this is taking out the "old" free Hemi or installing the "new" free Hemi they put in this car that they never drive.

I personally would never buy a GN for a 16 year old for their first car. 305 Monte SS, maybe.

That magazine is nothing but one big ad from start to finish. People have different opinions of what 'hot rodding' is, but I don't think any of them mesh with 'hot rod' magazine.

From what I got form that caption is that you can buy a shit box Gbody and hot rod it. And, yes, they did start out as grandma cars. It wasn't till '86 they went against the grain.

That being said, the VERY first sentence is plain out wrong. They ceased to we widely available when steel prices went up.

Problem is they showed a picture of a GN, with the heading "GRANDMA'S HOT ROD:". They didn't show a picture of an 81' Regal.

I'm a 16 year old at heart! I quit reading that 'Chevy Rod' mag years ago.

That's a bunch of .... I would never give my son a gn even in stock form he's about to get his license

I'll take the coverage. That's more exposure than these cars will get anywhere else.