Hot Air powerlogger

sorry to get the thread off track, i have seen 255 at around 14psi on a stock motor back in the day with my car. i wasn't trying to start anything just brain storming here and i see eric has made changes which makes since now.

I'm just glad to see eric has updated his chip not requiring 255.

I have studied more data logs than I care to remember, which is how I vividly remember the numbers . . . actually from nightmares. ;)
Through the analysis of years of literally hundreds of logs, I have never seen it, which is probably one of the signs why my car ran as crappy as it did.

TT has made a LOT of changes in the HA 6.0 chip, and, continues his incredible service and application of knowledge! :cool:

As a rule of thumb, I have been replacing any part on my car that I suspect may not be functioning as it supposed to, and trying to use every replacement as an upgrade opportunity.

With that said, I did have a general plan as to how I wanted to set my car up. The original plan was to take the motor as it is and put the combo I wanted together, then go to a motor builder and rebuild the motor to fit the combo, why this way? why in that order? because I know the motor is high milage and even has a tap, I'm guessing either wiped cam lobe or messed up lifter, but any way you look at it, its gonna have to be rebuilt. So I am gonna have it built to support the combo I am putting together now. I know its probably backwards, but I don't see any particular problem doing it in that order.

I did things the exact same way, so I don't see anything wrong with what you are trying to do. One exception: I was "forced" to rebuild. :mad:
Sounds like you have it covered. Good luck! . . . I am tapping out.

Hi Dave, I have a translator Plus and LT1 MAF just sitting on the shelf in the garage if you need them.

PM me with how much ya need for them and I'll square you up wednesday when I cash my check, then I can check those off my list :biggrin:

Ok I did more logs tonight, was sitting there reving it and set the logger off, only to see knock that isn't showing up on the scanmaster.......KR from reving it, that can't be right anyone ever see something like this? is it time to play find the thing rattling around in the engine compartment? or is there something wrong with my knock sensor?

knock on reving??

I'll PM you. I don't have the instructions for the 6.0 chip downloaded, but do you have a spool fuel parameter? If so try dropping that parameter to 120. I had the same issue with the car going super rich when I hit the throttle and that cured the problem. That may help the knock as well.

Ok I did more logs tonight, was sitting there reving it and set the logger off, only to see knock that isn't showing up on the scanmaster.......KR from reving it, that can't be right anyone ever see something like this? is it time to play find the thing rattling around in the engine compartment? or is there something wrong with my knock sensor?

knock on reving??

If you can get at it, double check the torque on the knock sensor (requires a special sensor socket). It should be 14 lb/ft. If it is much tighter it will be overly sensative, if not tight enough they will be under sensative (even deaf).

If you can get at it, double check the torque on the knock sensor (requires a special sensor socket). It should be 14 lb/ft. If it is much tighter it will be overly sensative, if not tight enough they will be under sensative (even deaf).

Great info, I will definately check that out this afternoon, will most parts stores have that socket? or do I have to go chase down the MATCO truck?

First post Hello

Hi I'm John Bruce hotairgnx548. I've been hot air for 25 years. Original owner of 1985 G.N. 109 block .040 over,stock crank,pistons,1.65 rollers, 210/208 cam,Ta61 turbo,009 inj.,TT chip, xp pump, Poston headers, 3" D/P, Razers alky 2 stages,Tin man cold air, Art Carr N/L up, Trans by Punkin (Walts Trans Bowling Green), Best 7.20 @95...11.41 @ 117 1.56 60 ft
See ya...

Hi I'm John Bruce hotairgnx548. I've been hot air for 25 years. Original owner of 1985 G.N. 109 block .040 over,stock crank,pistons,1.65 rollers, 210/208 cam,Ta61 turbo,009 inj.,TT chip, xp pump, Poston headers, 3" D/P, Razers alky 2 stages,Tin man cold air, Art Carr N/L up, Trans by Punkin (Walts Trans Bowling Green), Best 7.20 @95...11.41 @ 117 1.56 60 ft
See ya...

welcome, start a thread in the new member section. please tell us more about your car.