Hot air hood insulator pad

JST A 6

Shoulda kept the V8 in it
I'll admit this pad isn't in the best condition but I figured I'd see if anybody could use it anyway. Somewhere along the line one of the two previous owners of my '87 GN installed this pad but it's not correct for the intercooled TRs like mine so once the opportunity came along for me to get the correct one brand new I jumped on it. The hot air pad I took off has all the lettering/logos intact although they're a little loose in a couple of spots, and the pad itself has indentations from being in contact with the A/C accumulator, coolant reservoir cap, and brake reservoir. It also has surface damage in a couple of areas where it looks like someone attempted to clean it, and there is about a 2" long gouge (don't know what from; it wasn't close to anything sticking up from my engine unless it's from something on the hot air car it originally came from) in the area where the pad has the indentation for the hot air engine turbo. My new pad cost $229 + $72 shipping due to the oversize crate it came in (same crate I'll ship this one in) so I'm just trying to recoup some of that to quiet my wife down.:D As far as I've seen nobody offers a new hot air hood pad for sale, so if yours is worse off than this or missing altogether this may be your answer. Sorry I don't have any of the clips that hold the pad up since I cut them off to avoid further damage to the pad during removal. They are available from Kirban's at a reasonable price (best deal I've seen) or in your local auto parts store with the "Help!" brand name parts. I really don't know what I should ask for this so I'll just keep an eye out for offers and see how good they get...

Sorry about size and number of images but I wanted to represent the condition of this pad the best I could:
DSC00021.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

Im interested in the hood insulator, how much and where you from? I live in twin lakes WI 53181. any idea on how much to ship? thanks

Is it me or does the word turbocharged look crooked? Not trying to be an ass maybe it's just my eyes or the way the photo came out. Looks like a nice pad otherwise though.Hey where did you get a new one from?

Im interested in the hood insulator, how much and where you from? I live in twin lakes WI 53181. any idea on how much to ship? thanks

I live in Vermilion, Ohio. Like I said, I'm not really sure what to ask for it so I'm open to offers. I'd like to get whatever I can + shipping to offset the cost of the new one I bought. I don't know what the shipping would cost; I paid $72 to have my new one shipped via FedEx in the same crate I'm going to use for this one because of its size. I'll try to get an idea as to whether or not it should really cost around that much but with my work schedule unfortunately I may not be able to check into that until next Saturday. Let me know how much you're offering and if you're still interested and I'll give you a better answer ASAP.

Is it me or does the word turbocharged look crooked? Not trying to be an ass maybe it's just my eyes or the way the photo came out. Looks like a nice pad otherwise though.Hey where did you get a new one from?

It is a bit crooked; my new one is the same way only the turbo 6 emblem is also a bit off kilter. Not really noticeable at all when it's mounted to the hood because of the angle you see it from. I got my new one from n o s 4 g n.com (without the spaces of course) but they only have the 86-87 pads available; so far as I've seen no one has the 84-85 pads.