Hood insulation pad lettering.

DarthBuick

I Win even in your dreams.
I recently acquired a new blank hood pad and I need to know the type fonts and point sizes. I did a search on here and found several post but the links and images are gone. I have Adobe Creative Suite at work so laying it out is no problem. I haven't decided if I want to make a stencil or to screen print. Or if someone already has a stencil. thanks.

I have an 87 GN and the hood pad was beat. I ordered a new (8 hole) hood pad from my local GM dealer for $410 Canadian dollars taxes in. I went to a local print shop and had new logos made that match the original. These are heat applied and look mint. I am restoring my car and I'm picky. I'm super happy with how they turned out. I had some more made and will sell the logo for $100 usd (plus actual shipping) to recover some of my costs
tempImageSuFcOt.png
tempImagepRQNPG.png

$100 for the three, BUICK, TURBOCHARGED & POWER 6
???

yup. they are applied at 285 degrees for about five seconds (that's what recommended) but I used an iron that my wife had for crafts and it worked great. I'm in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada. I am not making any money on these things but I figured I would order multiples instead of just one because it wasn't that much more in cost and expensive for just one set..

yup. they are applied at 285 degrees for about five seconds (that's what recommended) but I used an iron that my wife had for crafts and it worked great. I'm in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada. I am not making any money on these things but I figured I would order multiples instead of just one because it wasn't that much more in cost and expensive for just one set..
Have you installed the hoodliner and driven it yet? Thanks

I have not. I just got the liner a few weeks ago and applied the logos My car is under a resto project so it wont be completely finished until next spring.

I'm curious as to your question. Is there something I need to know? I applied the logos with heat and they are on as good as the original. It would take some effort to "pick" them off but I could do that the original as well Thanks

I was just curious about heat cycles and normal wear and tear. I think a heat transfer like yours may be better than what I have.