Hot- air gets the smack by other family sedan

6-FITZ

BUFFED
I get off work at night, we have a fairly decent cruisin town so usually there's some action to be found. We'll for about a week there was a 85 GN w/ dot. always trying to pick on my Sirit R/T. He'd pull the ricer routine on me, trully embarrassing for us legitimate TR drivers, but none the less that's what he does. We'll I got lucky one time and the fool decides to race me from a light heading out of town. This is especilly good seeing he had his g/f in the car. I'm thinking to myself he's not going to know what hit him and he didn't :D Light turns green and were off. I spin pretty much through 1st gear and he hooks so he's got a car legth on me already. It's looking bad for the hometown hero but wait, I feather the gas a little and nail it again as i grab 2nd. When 2nd gear hit it was all over for the would be challenger. It was like WHOOSH AND AWAY! He must of figured he wasn't going to get any from his g/f that night so he would'nt even talk to me after the race, he just turned off at the next road. He got beat by 5-6 car lengths in about a little more than a 1/4 mi.

Well...........

Just goes to show you. Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it. LOL

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by 6-FITZ
I get off work at night, we have a fairly decent cruisin town so usually there's some action to be found. We'll for about a week there was a 85 GN w/ dot. always trying to pick on my Sirit R/T.

What the hell is a Sirit R/T???

:confused:
Where's that B/S flag when you need it?:eek:

Must've been a pretty sick hotair if you went from one car back to 5-6 in front in your 14.4 second car. Sick GNs do exist. We raced an 87 in my friend's bone stock 84 T-type and beat him a solid 4 cars or more and he had exhaust (dual 5" tips) and a K&N and chip. He asked what we had done to the car and we told him it was bone stock. He then asked if we could beat Mustangs and proceeded to tell me how he has never been able to beat one and he really thought a GN was supposed to be slower than a Mustang. This guy had absolutely no clue. We even showed him that we had no intercooler and left him scratching his head. He wanted to run again but we were scared his motor was going to come apart.

i actualy met someone that had a spirit rt suposed to be fast.

Someone asked what a Spirit R/T was and I am only to happy to educate you. A R/T is a dodge spirit or daytona that had a turbocharged 2.2 intercooled 4-cyl. It made 224hp. and 217lb.ft. of tq. from the factory. You guys thought that TRs were the only cars that came from the factory w/ strong turbo engines? You'd better do your homework before you bring a stock intercooled or a slightly modded hot air against my R/T. You just might get embarrassed by a 4-door family car from dodge. Did I mention that w/ tires and a little suspension work my buddy put his Spirit R/T in the 13's. I ran a 14.7@ 94mph w/a wiped cam lobe on my exhaust cam and on a hot day. And for the guy w/ the B.S. flag ,you must be kiddin!:rolleyes: Tell you what, that flag won't be the only thing you'd be finding, You'd find yourself getting a view of my tailights. No flames intended, but when someone posts please do some research before you type in your ignorance.:D Do the math guys my car weighs in at 2800 lbs. with an efficient and strong powerplant, w/ a manual I can also turn the boost up if you want.

you said sirit not spirit learn how to spell

Someone asked what a Spirit R/T was and I am only to happy to educate you. A R/T is a dodge spirit or daytona that had a turbocharged 2.2 intercooled 4-cyl. It made 224hp. and 217lb.ft. of tq. from the factory. You guys thought that TRs were the only cars that came from the factory w/ strong turbo engines? You'd better do your homework before you bring a stock intercooled or a slightly modded hot air against my R/T. You just might get embarrassed by a 4-door family car from dodge. Did I mention that w/ tires and a little suspension work my buddy put his Spirit R/T in the 13's. I ran a 14.7@ 94mph w/a wiped cam lobe on my exhaust cam and on a hot day. And for the guy w/ the B.S. flag ,you must be kiddin!:rolleyes: Tell you what, that flag won't be the only thing you'd be finding, You'd find yourself getting a view of my tailights. No flames intended, but when someone posts please do some research before you type in your ignorance.:D Do the math guys my car weighs in at 2800 lbs. with an efficient and strong powerplant, w/ a manual I can also turn the boost up if you want.

The only ignorance I see is you bring it on punk!I can tell ya your not fast enough. I'll show ya what real TR taillights look like!!
:eek:
Bring on down to Texas boy and I'll send you back home with your tail between your legs!

The only ignorance I see is you bring it on punk!I can tell ya your not fast enough. I'll show ya what real TR taillights look like!!

Are you serious? :rolleyes: You were tryin' to call BS on him because you don't know your cars, now you are all pissed at him for telling you. You should sit back and be happy that you learned something today. No ignorance on Fitz's part.
Good kill Fitz, you don't usually see those turbo Daytonas/Spirits (well I don't).

Thanx Black Beauty for the kind words. As for you, 86 whatever, Doesn't make much sense to me for you to get yourself all upset cause I posted a kill. If you don't know what the car is then don't be a troll about it, just go and learn about it. As for me coming to Texas to race you w/ my spirit :eek: what a big man you are for the challenge:rolleyes: but, I don't think so. Don't think your 12 whatever gives you the right to crap on me cause it aint very safe from a easy smackdown. I'd advise you to leave your car in the yard til it's full grown, I mean the car if you were confused. Besides, I do own a TR that I cherish very much but I can be a cannibal if provoked. Don't call me a punk either or your car won't be the only thing that gets its tail handed to you. A kill is a kill the kid I raced was a troll, he must be related to you. My car will run a 13 w/tires as it sits. A hot air stock w/tires will be lucky to break 14.9s on a optimum day. Get a clue before you right more ignorant messages. You're giving us true car enthusiasts a bad name ;)

I'm trying to get along but some peolple are just too ridiculus to let alone. Come to Texas indeed Ha!Ha!:rolleyes: Is he tryin to be a comedienne? You know there's a forum for you, it's called www. I am a Troll.com. Put it on your favorites so you don't forget where you belong! :p To all other fellow buick owners who may have an idea what a spirit R/T is and or respect all fast cars, much respect to you.:D

Thanx Black Beauty for the kind words. As for you, 86 whatever, Doesn't make much sense to me for you to get yourself all upset cause I posted a kill. If you don't know what the car is then don't be a troll about it, just go and learn about it. As for me coming to Texas to race you w/ my spirit :eek: what a big man you are for the challenge:rolleyes: but, I don't think so. Don't think your 12 whatever gives you the right to crap on me cause it aint very safe from a easy smackdown. I'd advise you to leave your car in the yard til it's full grown, I mean the car if you were confused. Besides, I do own a TR that I cherish very much but I can be a cannibal if provoked. Don't call me a punk either or your car won't be the only thing that gets its tail handed to you. A kill is a kill the kid I raced was a troll, he must be related to you. My car will run a 13 w/tires as it sits. A hot air stock w/tires will be lucky to break 14.9s on a optimum day. Get a clue before you right more ignorant messages. You're giving us true car enthusiasts a bad name ;)

Your the one that said you had a Sirit R/T!
Now I do know know what a Spirit R/T is. Learn how to spell!!
And the race offer still stands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learn how to spell

I'm trying to get along but some peolple are just too ridiculus to let alone. Come to Texas indeed Ha!Ha!:rolleyes: Is he tryin to be a comedienne? You know there's a forum for you, it's called www. I am a Troll.com. Put it on your favorites so you don't forget where you belong! :p To all other fellow buick owners who may have an idea what a spirit R/T is and or respect all fast cars, much respect to you.:D

But I guess they don't teach you how to spell these big words correctly in the 5th grade!

And far as the troll comment FYI I've owned more fast cars in my 40 yrs than you you'll ever look at!
Here's a site you can post your Dodge so call kill
www.JerkoffDodge.com
:eek:

I don't understand why everyone thinks hotairs are 18 second cars. A factory stock hotair on factory tires can go 14.9s and a couple went a little quicker. Granted there are plenty that run 15s with mods also. Put a stock hotair on tire and an intercooled car on factory tires and you'd have a good race. While there's definately a difference it's not as big as some people like to make it. There are also a lot more stock hotairs around than IC cars.

I actually love the 84 and 85 GNs...I love all the years they were made hotair or IC...it's just the IC are a tad faster and who cares...whether I see an 87 GN or an 84...I will still love them both because they are both rare and unique cars...

how about the 82 GN or the 78-83 carbed turbo regals? now THOSE are slow but I still respect them because they are turbo regals and are hard to find...

more hotairs around than IC'd cars?????

did you mean locally or all over cause the numbers of TR's built by detroit, would put the IC'd cars about 34,000 total and only 9,000 for hotair's (84-85) now if you meant all other Turbo'd buicks, (78-83) then you are correct.....there are more hotairs.....however, I personally dont think I have seen but maybe 2 carbed turbo cars driving around on the street, and countless SFI cars....my whole point to this is, i personally think there are more IC'd cars on the road right now than carbed/non-IC ones....

dan

I don't think I worded that right. I meant as a percentage there are more stock hotairs since they're not as popular to modify. Even though there were only 2,000 84 GNs, there are 3 within a mile of my house and I spotted another unfamiliar one yesterday, not sure if it was an 84 or 85.

My car will run a 13 w/tires as it sits. A hot air stock w/tires will be lucky to break 14.9s on a optimum day. Get a clue before you right more ignorant messages.

slow ass hot air cars.. why does anyone buy those things anyway?

just fyi.. i ran 8.8 with a 1.9 60ft on 235/60 radials, 16psi boost with a low timing chip (17*) made for high boost, and open exhaust.. if i had tires... yea..

Hey 6-fitz, I have a little old red fiero that will lay the smack on that R/T, or should I say Reliability / Troubled.