Horrible Day x2

87chrisss

BLUBYU
What a bad day, had to go pickup my cousin's wrecked 87 T today its totaled, i cant save it.... i have to part it out..It is a very funky combo too, white 87 chrome package blue interior with roll up windows and power antenna..Now its Gone, :(

View attachment 205755

CAM00753.jpeg

CAM00755.jpeg

What makes it even worse i get to the impound to pick up the white buick and i got smacked in the face by this............they had an old Buick of mine as well in the yard that i had build from the ground up brand new everything blue on blue 87 completely destroyed and half burnt to a crisp.. man.. horrible feeling i tried to buy it back from the impound they told me it belonged to the state....here's a before i sold it pic and after pic

View attachment 205759

View attachment 205760

Note to self - visit Miami, but do not take Grand Nationals to S. FL.

There goes 2 more.

They're always wrecked in the front.
Not that it would make your day any better - but - You didn't mention how the White T met it's demise.

Dang!
Not what I wanted to go to bed thinking about. I hope that your cousin is OK. I guess that at this point, all you can hope for is that the old parts go on to make other Turbo Buicks live.o_O

They are getting rarer and rarer. I live in miami, where did this crash happen?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The real outrage for the Blue T was they put Primewell - Made in PROC - tires on it.
That is the crime right there.

My cousin unfortunately went to pass a car on the turnpike heading home car got tail happy and it went into the guardrail. My cousin broke his nose two black eyes, 4 staples on his head. He's alive that's what counts. I brought the car to my house and i will take off what is salvageable.. He just painted the car and redid the whole motor less than 4 months ago. :(

Get this, i brought my buddy to pick up the car in his flat bed, the impound workers seem pissed about it so the guy comes out with a forklift and pick the car up and destroy's the bottom of THDP downpipe and the ATR dual 3" exhaust :mad: Im like woooowowowowooowwww softly!!!!!!!! the guy just thru the car on top of the flat bed what a dick.. :mad::mad:

Wish it were that easy, not sure if you can see the driver side rear quarter panel got destroyed.. and the the passenger side quarter panel looks like it buckled from the chassis being bent like spaghetti...I was thinking of trying to save the car but i think the actual body no longer has its structural integrity its unfortunate... :(

Wish it were that easy, not sure if you can see the driver side rear quarter panel got destroyed.. and the the passenger side quarter panel looks like it buckled from the chassis being bent like spaghetti...I was thinking of trying to save the car but i think the actual body no longer has its structural integrity its unfortunate... :(

Good frame guy could pull it an most of the buckles would come out..

Frames are cheap and plentiful because all G body's are the same. Take your time and do a proper damage assessment. I work at a body shop, pull the front end off and start measuring:( You might be surprised. Good luck and glad he is still here to live for today

Get this, i brought my buddy to pick up the car in his flat bed, the impound workers seem pissed about it so the guy comes out with a forklift and pick the car up and destroy's the bottom of THDP downpipe and the ATR dual 3" exhaust :mad: Im like woooowowowowooowwww softly!!!!!!!! the guy just thru the car on top of the flat bed what a dick.. :mad::mad:

Yeah - what's up with that?
As if - what - they wouldn't allow the flat bed to enter their yard to retrieve YOUR property?
It's not like Fort Knox or anything.
It's a freaking impound lot.
I assume you paid for the storage.
What's their beef?
But of course - we are all treated like criminals and heholden to LE nowadays.

What was their illogical reasoning for not allowing the flat bed to winch it up?
That's BS.

If they were being vindictive - send them a demand letter - then sue them in Magistrates - just for the fun of it.
Cost them a day of time, and hassle factor.
And in certain states, like GA, an LLC or a corporation cannot represent themselves.
Even in small claims.
They must have an attorney - ergo - spend money.

i will be taking the whole front off later today, maybe i can keep updating any progress..

It's not worth the repairs.
Reason - The market prices doesn't support complete rebuilds.
Look in Cars For Sale section to see why.
Parts car now.
But assuming the powertrain and rear end is ok, plus all the other stuff - you have a good bit of money there.

These frames are not easily straightened, especially the front horns - and why would you want to?
They're somewhat poorly welded and flimsy to begin with and get tweaked rather easily - and you can buy one for 200-300 bucks.
Rolling chassis.
They're everywhere.

And the body is trashed.

You'd be better off grabbing what you can and transplanting it into a nice roller.

Yeah sure - you could get a frame, AND a body, and ALL the other misc pieces, and do ALL that long and hard work transplanting - but isn't that called - a car?
Sometimes ya gotta know when to let it go.
Unless time and money are unlimited - and it was a GNX.

Or - You could sell alot of the parts and be more than halfway towards buying a replacement TR.

My cousin unfortunately went to pass a car on the turnpike heading home car got tail happy and it went into the guardrail. My cousin broke his nose two black eyes, 4 staples on his head. He's alive that's what counts. I brought the car to my house and i will take off what is salvageable.. He just painted the car and redid the whole motor less than 4 months ago. :(

That sucks.
Broke loose on dry pavement rolling at 60 mph?
I know the feeling.
Scary.
Please don't say it was after a S. FL rain shower.
I baby foot mine if I hit even fog on the road.
It feels like ice.

When that happens - I always remind myself - after my heart stops pounding out of my chest - that no matter how comfortable I get - I must respect the machine.

That white car can be saved . I have personally seen a lot worse saved .

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app