hooker headers #1603

yea boy got a 1980 monza installing a 580 hp na engine built by dave nickens of nickens bros racing.need these headers bad custom set cost 1200-1500 got stage 2 heads.Thanks for reply....jerry

The headers you mentioned won't fit Stage 2 heads. I can't remember but I think the 1603's were the ones that fit early heads and the 1604's are the ones that fit the later model heads. Either way, the ports are way too small and spaced wrong to fit your heads. I have set of these for the late model heads and paid dearly for them. I looked on ebay for 6 months before I found them. Good luck on your search but it sounds that the customs may be the way to go with your set-up.

Thanks for the info fuzzy is there any way you can double check those #s and the set you got how much would it take to buy them from ya ?:D I guess my heads are stage 2 they are the alum buick typewith the swirl6 on the side bottom edge.Iam a little new to the buick stuff because Iam ex chevy ex mopar ex turbo bike rider and every thing else.But anyway if all else fails could you tell me the pipe size, length ,collector size,lenght but if not thats ok.My best bet may be to call bo nickens and get the low down on the sizes they were running.Thanks jerry

The Stage 2 heads have the exhaust ports almost equally spaced. The stock heads have two of the port pretty close together. The Hookers I have are on the car and sorry, but not for sale. They are 1 1/2 primaries with 2.5" collectors and 30" long (tube length). For a Stage motor you would need to go bigger on the diameters. It will be a treat getting them in there. Isthe front of the chassis still stock? If so, you may need to cut out the passenger side support brace from the firewall to the front suspension to get a little more room. The Hookers are 3 pieces so they can be installed with the engine in the car. You will probably run some sort of motor plate to hold in the engine?

check with Ron

Racerdude contact Ron Tarabori (you can find contact info doing a search in the stage area) he will likely have several sets of Busch style header that could be modified to work cheap... These would all be much better than Hookers to start with.... I used to have a couple sets but tossed them some time ago.. Good luck..

Since this was brought back up, I checked the part numbers and my post above was incorrect. The early odd fire PN is 1602 and the later heads PN is 1603. I pulled my set off and checked it out. The 1603 absolutely for sure fits the 8445 heads. If I didn't already have a set I would buy them. The other flaw in the slaw is I just bought some from Charlie. Thanks dude :)

Since this was brought back up, I checked the part numbers and my post above was incorrect. The early odd fire PN is 1602 and the later heads PN is 1603. I pulled my set off and checked it out. The 1603 absolutely for sure fits the 8445 heads. If I didn't already have a set I would buy them. The other flaw in the slaw is I just bought some from Charlie. Thanks dude :)
Glad I could help and I'm happy they're going to someone that will use then right, rather than someone that I don't know.;)

They will be put to the test on my engine for sure. The exhaust ports on those heads are huge. Already have the old headers off in anticipation; can't wait.