Hood won't close??

Stuie

Waiting for Spring!
Anyone have this problem? Recently installed PFMIC and plenum with Accufab 70mm TB, RJC power plate and alum. vac. block and HR poly motor mounts.
I tried to close hood for the first time and can't, do I need to remove the hood insulator? The up pipe and vac block both seem to be too high for the hood to close :confused: Any ideas why??

Does taking off powerplate help.Think new mounts raised engine?Its probably due to plenum height

i have the same combo and i dont have any problems??? i would double check the motor mounts...

Stuie said:
Anyone have this problem? Recently installed PFMIC and plenum with Accufab 70mm TB, RJC power plate and alum. vac. block and HR poly motor mounts.
I tried to close hood for the first time and can't, do I need to remove the hood insulator? I'll check when I get home from work.....I think I know the problem :( sorry for the post!

Still haven't found problem of why hood won't close, anyone any ideas from the pics??

Attachments

• DSCF0019a.JPG
    DSCF0019a.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCF0017a.JPG
    DSCF0017a.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 160
it looks like the trans is tilting the engine back

i had an issue with the hood not closing when the latch in the hood rusted loose - acted like something was too high under the hood.

Try moving the clamps that are on the up-pipe near the TB...move them so that the part you tighten is on the side of the pipe not on the top...

It also looks like you have your hood shocks on upside down...not sure if that would make a difference but the black body of the shock should be on the top towards the hood...

MSDGN said:
It also looks like you have your hood shocks on upside down...not sure if that would make a difference but the black body of the shock should be on the top towards the hood...

I was about to mention this as well, but I'm not sure if it makes a difference either.

K.

I just tightenen the clamps in that position so I could start the car...even with the clamp rotated it still hit the vac. block, the hood would probably close if I forced it :eek: The hood struts were like that before I did the work so that wouldn't be the problem, that's the way they were when I bought the car 12 years ago but I'll reverse them if you guys say they're backwards. I think I'll remove the insulator and see how clearance is then....or is it better left in place??

Motor does seem like its tilted aft,Sure you got the right mounts?Or maybe in this case you cant use w/the other parts recently installed.Was tranny mount new as well?

Hood latch is hitting IC. Check around there...

My car is not here with me to look at, but I'm 99% sure you will find interference somewhere under the hood latch. I forgot exactly what it was or how I fixed it. Take a pic thru the grill. Post the fix when you find it.

You might be able to gain a little by spinning the black rubber stopper up. (Near windshield wipers in middle where hood closes.) This helped me. I still have a polished section where the pipe rubs on the insulation?? :confused:

did you figure it out yet?
i had similar prob it was body bushings wore out you can gain an inch or more with poly bushings.
hope this helps.

I have a set of poly bushings have'nt installed yet but have problem with my vacuum booster hittin that i changed over to, i bet your right on for my issue anyhow, i need to get em in. Thanks Lewis :)

Stop and think!

Look for the high spots, eye it then confirm by using some playdough on it and try =closing the hood. Check for the marks then work on that issue.
Good luck