Hood Pad from www.oldbuickparts.com

kornbred

Anyone have one or seen one of these?
Hood Cover Kit 1981-88 Buick Regal GN [HC818GN]
http://www.oldbuickparts.com/cart/product_info.php?products_id=26855
hc818gn.png

Understanding you had to do a little fab work to get the Quiet Ride model to fit better, I contacted them and have actually prototyped an 86-87 TR specific version.

I templated the hood insulation pieces so they fit into the recesses on our bulged hood.

I also traced out a tighter fit liner with no extra cutouts or anything. I matched up the holes to the OEM 9-hole locations.

Hopefully those guys will do the redesign and come to market with a great alternative. I sent back the test materials last week... So we'll see soon!

Understanding you had to do a little fab work to get the Quiet Ride model to fit better, I contacted them and have actually prototyped an 86-87 TR specific version.

I templated the hood insulation pieces so they fit into the recesses on our bulged hood.

I also traced out a tighter fit liner with no extra cutouts or anything. I matched up the holes to the OEM 9-hole locations.

Hopefully those guys will do the redesign and come to market with a great alternative. I sent back the test materials last week... So we'll see soon!
That's awesome! Their product is great and if it fits our hood better it'll be the best out there IMHO.

Yah, not wanting to threadjack but they're pretty down to earth guys. Jeff and WIll are very helpful. I just installed the coupe floor kit and trunk kit as well for some sound deadening. Hopefully tomorrow will be the first ride to check out how much quieter it will be.

They could use another customer to template the floor mat as well I think... for something that goes up and over the trunk floor rise, rather than just the main portion next to the spare tire well. I converted to trunk shocks so I don't have a stock trunk floor pan anymore per se in order to get the corners just right.

Did you ever hear back from them on the update?

I sure did. Got a blank prototype in the mail about two months ago. But I moved back to Hawaii from NH, so I've been a bit busy. Actually the 4ft box showed up on my doorstep the day of closing, unbeknownst to me! Took me about a month extra to actually get it out here but it's done. I have the metal Hoodskinz pad now so I've been slacking in installing the QuietRide one. It appears that they removed the "scalloped" sections so the pad perimeter looks great, but in addition to the 9 holes I had located, they left the myriad of other little holes.

I need to buy more hood pad fasteners because I'll chew these up while removing the metal pad to test fit the QuietRide one. Need to get off my duff and do it...

I need to buy more hood pad fasteners because I'll chew these up while removing the metal pad to test fit the QuietRide one. Need to get off my duff and do it...

A package of 12 one 1/4 inch screw rivets is $5.96 total at Napa - part # 6652440. They are 2.99 for 2 each at most other parts houses. Buy the rivets at Napa, They look great!

image-jpeg.287107

Last edited: