hood mounted fuel pressure gauge?

strokethis

anyone have pics of how they mounted their fuel pressure gauge on the hood? i don't really want to mount it there but i want to monitor it also. thanks

I don't have a picture buy my car had a cowl mount gauge until I got the transducer so I could log fuel pressure. Just a line that runs from your fuel rail to a small gauge that sticks up under your windshield wiper blade. When you are not using it you can tuck it back inside the engine compartment. Several places sell them for like $60.

I used some 1 inch wide band steel from Lowe's and bent it into a horseshoe shape as to bolt onto the underside of the hood.

The steel is thick enough as to not bend due to wind or someone pulling on it. Three large sheet metal screws attach it. Be careful as to not use screws that are too long,as they will come up thru the hood.

Once th gauge was mounted,I used a rubber grommet between the hood and the bolts that held the gauge pod to the bracket.

The gauge I used was a 2 5/8 liquid filled Autometer Pro Comp. The pod was flat black.

I had to remove the drivers side windshield washer jet due to clearance.

Email me privately for pics if you want. My phone won't let me upload pics.

The bracket took time to fabricate inch by inch in a heavy vice.

I have since moved the gauge to where the stereo was where it sits next to the boost gauge. I just didn't like it sitting outside of the car due to someone possibly grabbing it at the local bar. Sometimes people can't keep their hands to themselves!

that is exactly what i am looking for. will be ordering mine tomorrow. thank you very much TR Customs. and everyone else for your reply's.

Can someone send me the link again where 2 order the fuel gauge for the hood I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone can help. Thank you

You could try and make one. If I were to do it, I would bend a piece of tig welding wire in a shape similar to this. Tweak it to suite, then when your happy with it bend a piece of 1/16" steel to match. Then have a welder weld some tabs on it to hold a 2-1/16" guage cup. ..Then two 180 degree -4AN fittings and @ 3' of fuel line and your good to go!