Hood Clearance

TTipe

Snake Skinner
Will the engine impact / not impact the under hood brace with a Hemco and the billet aluminum vacuum block in place. I'm not using the hood blanket. Thanks for the help.

I had a little rubbing on the hoodliner with the stock plenum and a 1/2" spacer. The car has 70k mi., stock body bushings and stock motor mounts.

Hopefully this will give you a reference in which to compare the Hemco.

I had a little rubbing on the hoodliner with the stock plenum and a 1/2" spacer. The car has 70k mi., stock body bushings and stock motor mounts.

Hopefully this will give you a reference in which to compare the Hemco.
The Hemco is 1 inch taller. I think it will clear the hood brackets. Thanks for the help.

The Hemco is 1 inch taller. I think it will clear the hood brackets. Thanks for the help.

I'm pretty sure the hoodliner takes up a little more than 1/2".
I think you will be ok as well, but it would be nice to hear from someone with personal experience.
Best of luck.

The Cruz solution looks interesting. I don't want to pull my intake off at present to weld & drill & tap.
The 1/2” plate with the Cruz kit does clear. Just drill and tap the plate-spacer what ever you want to call it. Don’t screw with the intake.

The 1/2” plate with the Cruz kit does clear. Just drill and tap the plate-spacer what ever you want to call it. Don’t screw with the intake.
I appreciate your response. I looked at the Cruz kit for a long time. What turned me off was the need for an expensive bracket to elevate the TR6 box & coil in the stock config. I propose to remove 3/8" from the bottom of the current aluminum housing which has the connectors already in place.Then I'll use silicon hoses & compression clamps to keep hoses from blowing off @ 25 psi. This is cost effective however not as classy as the Cruz solution. The cost would be about 15% of the Cruz solution. I appreciate your input. Extra eyes are always a plus.

I appreciate your response. I looked at the Cruz kit for a long time. What turned me off was the need for an expensive bracket to elevate the TR6 box & coil in the stock config. I propose to remove 3/8" from the bottom of the current aluminum housing which has the connectors already in place.Then I'll use silicon hoses & compression clamps to keep hoses from blowing off @ 25 psi. This is cost effective however not as classy as the Cruz solution. The cost would be about 15% of the Cruz solution. I appreciate your input. Extra eyes are always a plus.
BTW, I have the TR6 that is on the stock horse shoe bracket, I got the bracket also from Don but didn’t have to use it, will give it to you if you want it, just PM me and let me know. But again it will work as is. I can’t take pictures as the car is at Richard Clark’s shop. Spending millions more. Who else other then us TR fools do with our money. Lol

BTW, I have the TR6 that is on the stock horse shoe bracket, I got the bracket also from Don but didn’t have to use it, will give it to you if you want it, just PM me and let me know. But again it will work as is. I can’t take pictures as the car is at Richard Clark’s shop. Spending millions more. Who else other then us TR fools do with our money. Lol
I appreciate the generous offer. I would not be able to do that mod at present. I'm working toward firing the engine shortly and I have a calibration & software updates for both XFI & TR6. I have never had the funds to just ship the job out to a shop until now. It scares me to put the car into someones hands. I talked to Brian Lorenz a while back and the waiting list is 5 to 6 months long. I lost interest. I hope to have Mosers & a T/A "pig" girdle installed by someone other than myself along with the supporting brackets. I still have a pile of stuff to install ( gauges) & rear bumper fillers before May.

On my car the up pipe rubs the hood liner before the vacuum block does. I have a 1/2" spacer, stock plenum and poly body mounts.

A couple pipe plugs can permanently fix the leaks on that stupid block.
photo1476-jpg.281335

Will the engine impact / not impact the under hood brace with a Hemco and the billet aluminum vacuum block in place. I'm not using the hood blanket. Thanks for the help.
I've got a hemco and it clears everything the problem is my cotton fm up pipe hits the liner. Put a hoodskinz from trcustoms and it barely touches. Have h&r engine mounts

Last edited:
I've got a hemco and it clears everything the problem is my cotton fm up pipe hits the liner. Put a hoodskinz from trcustoms and it barely touches. Have h&r engine mounts
Yes...same here, its the up pipe that just touches it.