Home made Alky Kit????

ty1435_4.3

Manning Sc.
Has anyone here made one? And if they did could I get a shopping list? I know it uses the water pump from a motorhome and the tubing from like an ice maker and also a washer bottle. But there is a pressure switch that is needed right? TIA Mike

Just do a search on Yahoo with the words DIY Alky injection or homemade alky injection, or substitute the word alky with alcohol...you'll find lots of links to pages showing how to do it. What you're talking about sounds like a homemade kit from 1985. I wouldnt go that route. You should get a good external fuel pump, an overflow tank from the auto parts store...they have them at every parts store Ive been to. They're a transluscent white bottle with a red cap, right on the shelf by the cooling system hardware parts. Piece together some tapered pipe fittings you'll need and some fuel injection hose and hose clamps. Stick an adjustable 0-60psi pressure switch in there to trigger it (will be connected to manifold pressure), grab an on/off rocker switch with a built in LED to show when the system is armed, a green LED for "spray" and a red LED for "low level"..if you want to go that far...you'll need a low fuel level switch that mounts in the tank, some wires and crimp connectors...etc. There are some people who sell a DIY kit with all the parts you need to build your own.

ty1435_4.3 said:
Has anyone here made one? And if they did could I get a shopping list? I know it uses the water pump from a motorhome and the tubing from like an ice maker and also a washer bottle. But there is a pressure switch that is needed right? TIA Mike
Mine is in my signature. :)