Holley HP or FAST XFI

WHTTRSH

Sleeper
Local place here in WI, West bend dyno, suggested running Holley HP? The Holley software their very familiar with and would install. The FAST not so much. All I do know is the FAST is plug n play and the Holley is not. So a universal harness would have to be wired up to make the Holley HP work. Which one do I go with? Which one is better...I guess?? Pros and cons between the two. Could someone please help me out.

........ All I do know is the FAST is plug n play and the Holley is not. So a universal harness would have to be wired up to make the Holley HP work.,,,,.

I would "assume" the shop is a Holly distributor, not an XFI one?

The Buick turbo XFI computer and plug-and-play adapter harness has been around for many years and is a proven and inexpensive part for turbo Buicks.

I am not sure if the universal harness will utilize your existing engine harness parts like the fuel injectors and coil pack connectors, and some of the other items, this could triple the custom harness cost and complexity?

My opinion is to keep things simple, and go with what has proven results in your case and that would be the XFI.

If the shop is any good, they should tune XFI as well as Fast, as our local tuners can, but there is a big difference in the profit margin as a Holly distributor, and very little if not a FAST distributor too?

My very good friend is a Holly distributor, but he also does my FAST installs and tuning.

Yes they are a Holley distributor but will tune other software as well. When you mention the profit margin, you getting at the fact that it would be easier/quicker for me to get parts and tech support locally or just more profitable to them if I go Holley? If I did go Holley w them I definitely would have them install it, that way if something does go wrong w it - "Hey you guys installed it not me."
Is the Holley more technically advanced/ up to date though then the XFI or not? I guess if the technology of the two is equal, going XFI would be the way to go. I am capable of installing either system as well.

Stick with the XFi especially for the ease and clean install you wil have with the jumper harness.

XFI seems to be stuck in the past though compared to the Holley EFI. Much hasn't changed in the past 5yrs from them... However Holley seems to continue advancing their products. Swinging towards Holley HP with unterminated harness.

Was hoping Cal would chime in on this or more people with these products installed on their cars for that matter.

A well tuned car on any system is going to run like.....a well tuned car. I decided on a system because of the support and ease of installation. I bought the XFI system from Hartline performance , installed in in a few hours myself, and I have had impeccable support for close to 10 years from Hartline performance. Many people have used this system, and any problem that I encountered was easily solved by a number of people on the board who are very familiar with the system.

Was hoping Cal would chime in on this or more people with these products installed on their cars for that matter.
I am a dealer for both products. They both have their pros and cons depending on application. Both the XFI and the Holley have had quite a few updates over the years.
If you're running an electronic transmission, drive by wire, or CNP, the Holley is easier, since it's all in one box. The Holley software is very user friendly.

The XFI advantage to the Buick community is "support" and ease of installation. The system was designed by a Buick owner who is always listening for any necessary changes.
Both systems will do pretty much everything most Buick owners want out of a system.
If properly tuned, no system will go faster than another

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I Agree w you guys no matter what system you run they'll both work if tuned right. However it's cool that Holley offers classes to teach you how to tune and use their software. I think that's pretty bad ass. Where if I went w the XFI I'm always having to rely on support and my tuner..not that that's a horrible thing. I would just prefer to learn how to tune and be able to not have to rely on others. That's really the only thing that's pushing me to deal w the headache of installing the Holley system.