History Channel Hotair GNs

RegalT-type85

I'm not sure if most of you have seen that ep of full throttle of history channel years ago. Well i bought the DVD on ebay. I never thought about it but their ETs where 14's with Bigger/better turbo, headers,dumpipe(no exhaust) MSD DIS 4(or digital 6 i forget) Bigger injectors, intercooler, wires/plugs,built transmisson, M/T slicks, weld racing rims, air intake with cone filter.

I didn't see them install a fuel pump or hotwire or anything else other then those parts.

Now my question is even a bad dragster first timer should do fast then 14's IMO with all those parts. SO whats the deal? Or Did i miss something?

By the way, I picked up the Dvd for 5$ if anybody wants a copy, go there.

So any ideas or again am i looking at the ETs wrong or something.

Those cars were slow. My 85 with only a cone K&N and 160 thermostat went 14.3. I added a fuel pump, AFPR, and BGC street chip with 15psi and went 13.5's.

was that the show where the two teams were given identical cars and a set period of time to modify them to race against each other for titles to both cars?
i remember that show- mostly i remember how stupid the people looked and how slow the cars were for how much money they had thrown at them.

I watched that show on DVD not too long ago and those guys had no idea what they were doing. I remember there were transmission rebuilds that weren't necessary, MSD installs for no reason, no tuning or chips and various other non-well thought out stuff.

The track at the end was simply embarrassing. They didn't know how to launch the cars.

From what I understand in the other episodes they did similarly bad jobs on other cars.

I watched that show on DVD not too long ago and those guys had no idea what they were doing. I remember there were transmission rebuilds that weren't necessary, MSD installs for no reason, no tuning or chips and various other non-well thought out stuff.

The track at the end was simply embarrassing. They didn't know how to launch the cars.

From what I understand in the other episodes they did similarly bad jobs on other cars.

THATS WHAT I SAID!:cool: They just through parts at it, i didnt even see a chip added or nothing. YES i have read up on MSD DIS 4, its not really needed. It wouldn't hurt but for 400-500$ I'll just kept my car working right haha. Anyway, Yes when i saw ETs of mid 14's with all those parts... I was shocked. I wonder what happened to those Hotair GNs guys???

I wonder what happened to those Hotair GNs guys???

Remember one was sold on ebay... Not sure about the other one.

i think the "winner" of the cars popped in here to brag about it and was no one was impressed with the car..

I wonder what happened to those Hotair GNs guys???

Remember one was sold on ebay... Not sure about the other one.

What? man, They both got free 85 Grand nationals, even with ETs of 14's still it was FREE!. That sucks i would have kept it and loved it. Guess one of them didn't care for it. oh well :rolleyes: