High School Tr Owners

i am 16 and i have a 53k TurboT that is a sweet car to drive. but to bad i can't drive it to school cause my parents are afraid that it will get stolen or keyed, etc.:mad: it would be cool to drive it there on the last day of school and show all the ricers what the lil v6 can do.:cool: but i'm stuck on driving the 03 sierra to school right now. ohh, and the T was my first car to buy also.:p

Adrian The elbow is your's as you you responded first.
Tom Tom.the tps enhancer is your's
Both of you I will ship them out as soon as I recieve addresses,when you recieve the parts just send me the money for shipping. Enjoy!
I also found a set of Reds spark plug wires with low miles,that two of the boots pulled off when I was changing plugs,that are available. I guess I will just have to eat some ramen noodles for a couple days and get some new ones. That left a bad taste in my mouth just typing it!:D

i worked my ass off at min wage($5.15 back then) for a year and half to buy my first car, 87 Formula 350, which i drove all thru HS. Then sold it end of senior yr and bought a 93 Grand Am GT b/c i was going to commute to college and needed something practical. right :rolleyes: .....That lasted about a year, I couldnt stand not having a toy to work on and tweak so I sold that POS and bought my GN this Feb(was a soph in college then). That was at the time my daily driver, that didnt last too long either, I soon got an 87 Cutlass to beat on and now rent out a garage to store my GN in...now I just need money to get me an intercooler so I can turn my boost higher that 12lbs :mad: who wants to send a broke college kid some $$ ;)

I know how you feel

I know what you are all talking about. I wanted a GN in the worst way while I was in HS but was lacking the $$$. For two years after I graduated a worked 2 jobs while going to college and finally bought my GN last September. I then proceded to blow up the Trans, get FOD damage to the turbo, Port the heads, and wipe a cam. Therefore I'm still working two jobs and going to school. It's all worth it when I get in and put my foot down. :D

Bought my 87 GN right before my Sr. year and drove it into the parking lot on the first day of school! Ever seen the begining of "Dazed and Confieused?" Well, substitute the GTO for a GN and thats kind of what it was like. Pretty sure "sweet emotion" was playing in the background. :D From then on, more people in my HS knew me as "the GN guy" than by my real name.

good times...good times *sigh*

BOOSTD

I'm not high school anymore, but I just graduated this spring and am now in college.

I bought the GN the summer before my junior year and worked and saved so I could get it completely redone. Now it's my pride and joy and I have NO intentions of EVER selling it. I didn't actually get to drive it until my senior year . . . all the car guys/girls just about died when I drove onto the lot with it.

Lucky for me (since my car is bone stock), there seemed to be a legend in my area about how these cars ran 12.00 completely stock . . . no one would dare race me. When they asked me if the times were true. . . I would just smile! :D

Now the GN is sleeping for the winter in my parent's garage. I doubt it will ever come to college with me . . . I'm WAY too anal about where I park, etc.

If you're going to work just for a car . . . I think these are the ones to do it for!

I bought a GN when I was a sophomore in HS (Spring 1998). It only had 12,770 miles when I bought it, too. Everyone in school thought I was crazy for driving a "grandma car" after owning an '89 Camaro. Then, I passed by the park that everyone went to before and after school and lit up those puny stock 215 tires at 35 MPH, and suddenly those people that had questioned my choice in cars were all interested in what the new car was all about ;)

I loved having the fastest car in school! I wish I still had that car... :mad:

I would kill to have a Buick, but being a broke HS kid, I can't afford one. It would cost me at least 8-9k for decent Buick. :(

Re: pm

Originally posted by Adrian87
Hey Randy,
Check your PM's..
Thanks-Adrian :)
Adrian,I got it ! The elbow should go out to today!

Tom Tom, you were the the first to respond on the TPS enhancer. But I need your address so I can ship it!!:cool:

i had one when i was in 11th grade...it was a 87 turbo regal...i got it for a $100 dollars....yes, that is correct, $100 dollars...it took a little money to bring back but it was all there, it really only needed a turbo and brake system...i think the guy spent the $100 on drugs..nevertheless...it was the best car deal i ever got...i eventually sold it to buy a 71 chevelle with a 396 4 speed...i hated that car...after that i wanted another turbo buick...i got one when i was a freshman in college...then a week and a half later it got stolen...2 years later which is now i have a 87 GN...

i am a senior and i have an 87 gn. it isnt running yet, but it should be done by the end of the year. at the moment i drive a bagged fullsize chevy that is for sale(gotta pay for my buick somehow...).

-jeff

go seniors! i'm living proof that not all kids are dumb rice lovers, or mustand worshipers :D there are 6 mustangs at my school who all want to race me, and i can't even count the hondas and eclipses. kinda cool having the fastest car at school, even though it isn't all that fast.

everyone does laugh at me for having a grandma car too. one day after i pulled in, i'm setting in the parking lot letting the turbo cool down before i shut it off and the "racers" come up to me and want to know about my car, it has gauges and says turbo on it. these guys are impressed by anything that looks like it might be fast. a mustang gt with an x pipe and NAWS is the best thing ever invented... so they ask me what i have, i give them my usual "just a little v6" line and they want to see my engine. a few of them have tallons so they all think a turbo is a little thing about the size of your fist. i open the hood and they steped back like it was in a movie, said a few words i can't say here and asked me if it came off a diesel. they still don't belive me that its stock.... theres some guy in an older cobra (97 or so) what always wants to race. why don't tracks stay open year round?

I bought mine about 2 months left in my senior year. All of a sudden no one wanted to race me anymore :(. I kind of got tired of being at work, and all these middle aged guys talkin about that GTO or 69 camaro they let go and wished they had. Never knew about these cars till i saw one whoop the hell out of an eclipse at the strip. At the moment i knew i needed one.