High School Tr Owners

Im in 11th grade and I own one, gotta love working at Arthur Treachers to pay for it.:D 87 GN

Well, I don't know if this counts, but a little over 2 years ago I was in high school and I bought the car in my sig from my dad, but it was rusty and bone stock. Now it has fresh paint and panels, and all the mods listed. Somehow I managed to get an associate's degree and keep a place on my own too. Let me tell you guys, Ramen noodles every day is an acquired taste!

Good luck!

Originally posted by Tom Tom Turbo
Let me tell you guys, Ramen noodles every day is an acquired taste!

Good luck! [/B]
Ramen noodles?You are one dedicated Buick guy I tip my hat to you!:D But it got me thinking,going to high school and working for a car any car is tough! SoI thought that maybe some of the more seasoned veterans that had parts laying around and wanted to help you guys out could make a donation. i would be willing to kick it off with a coplule of parts I am tripping over anyway. So here goes ANY HIGHSHOOL "KID" that wants a ported stocvk elbow with an oversized puck,or a tps enhancer for the cost of shipping let me know. If this works out I WILL look for more stuff!

It was years ago, but I owned a pristine 87 GN when I was 18..... and on the Ramen Noodles note: I had the baddest car around, but due to sinking all my money into it, I ended up sleeping in it a few times. Used to call it the 'one bedroom Buick'. In some ways I guess it's better to get old.:)

i got my gn when i was a senior... grad '02. even daily drove it back then...the joys of a stock buick...

:)

Ramen noodles isn't the half of it..lol try finding a creative way to fix the damn things every day..crackers and tuna..I just realized the other day that parts for my buick comes before food!! Is that a good idea?! Anyway Randy, you have a PM on your generous offer..

Tom Tom, it's great to see at such a young age you have your priorities straight. Feed the GN first, then buy all the ramen you can with what is left. Try adding an egg and whip it into your noodles when fresh off the stove. The added protein will allow you to work harder on the GN. lmao,

Mark:D :D :D

i am out of H.S. now and am a sophmore on college, but I had my GN for 3 years of high school. (well there was some down time towards the end) They are a hell of a car to have in high school. Now I just need to get my valve body to let the car start out in 1st and I can bring it down to college for a week and show a few of the mustang and ls1 guys what she can do:D

All I have to say is Sam's Club Membership

48 pack of Ramens for $7.48.....that's a month's dinner paid for by less than one hour of work!

goodbye nutritious diet, hello Eaton posi and THDP!

Randy Greenoe
im not in high school anymore, but i am the epitome of a poor college kid that works just to own my car.......so how bout that tps enhancer?? ive been lookin at those for a while, but its sort of a problem to buy extras when your exhaust system rots out and your heater core goes all in one week........

i just graduated this spring and got my car weeks before highschool ended....
great car to own for high school... everyone is all about... yeah my stock car is faster than yours as not many people have modified cars

a buddy of mine has a 87 turbo regal for 4 years of highschool and i have a GN... i couldve gotten it when i was a sophmore but i saved up a little so i didnt have to work just to pay for my car!
i could eat cambells soup... no ramen noodles for me

I had mine in highschool in 95. Threw an intercooler on it and at 13.9@101mph in street trim no one in school could touch it. Times have changed.

im a freshmen in college now, but while i was in highschool, i drove 3 TRs

86GN which got stolen my sophmore summer
86 T type rosewood moon roof which i sold end of Jr year

and the 87 limited which i own now and have no plans on selling or getting stolen :p

well am 17 and a have to gn's. One is a 75/000 done stock car .
and the second one is a race car that is a ten second car.