high KR under load

matt87gn

I'm getting between 7-20 deg KR as soon as there is load on the engine (in any gear). It's done this since I got it a year ago and I just haven't had the time to keep guessing and missing. So far I've replaced FP(added hotwire), injectors, wires, plugs, coil pack, and checked about everything else. The car boots ass up till :mad: this thing holds it back. Any ideas, this happen to anyone else?

no, what it is, is too much boost and not enough octane

turn the boost down until it goes away

If you have an aftermarket DP, male sure its not touching anywhere. Check for any other mechanical interferecnce as well.

Originally posted by azgn
no, what it is, is too much boost and not enough octane

turn the boost down until it goes away
I'm going with him on this try turning it down to 15 lbs and see if it changes!Also what timing is you're chip set for.With my one chip which runs 23 degrees of advance.I was only able to run 16-17 lbs on 94 octane which is 2 octane more then what you have without heavy knock retard. Now I can run more because I can dial back the timing due to the t+ extender combo

turn the boost down with that 92 octane. If you turn the boost down and it still knocks, you know its problably false knock from somewhere, but i'm thinking 15 #'s of boost is right for 92 octane on some cars.

That happend here,I added some 110 and now i run 18# all the time no knock!Pretty expensive though!

I'm not sure exactly what the chip is, it came with the car. Even with the stock chip and 12# boost I still get the KR, but not quite as much.

your problem is, you don't know what chip you are running......

get a chip calibrated for pump gas......if you have a high timing chip, even 12 lbs will knock!