High boost launch

Chris Brooks

Can only hold about 8lbs at the line. Anybody got any tricks they use to hold more boost? I know about the 2 big brake shoes in the back, but this car gets drove on the street and dont want to lock the tires up every time i hit the brakes. Could get a line lock but they only hold the brake pressure u have. Looking to improve on my 1.91 60 foot time.

Thanks in advance
chris

i lock my e-brake. at first my reaction time was a little slower but i practiced a while at the stop sign at the end of my street and it came back to normal in no time. with e-brake set i could hold 15lbs boost at the tree with no spin! but you had better have good tires cause when you pop the brake it completely blows the tires away!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Originally posted by Chris Brooks
Can only hold about 8lbs at the line. Anybody got any tricks they use to hold more boost? I know about the 2 big brake shoes in the back, but this car gets drove on the street and dont want to lock the tires up every time i hit the brakes. Could get a line lock but they only hold the brake pressure u have. Looking to improve on my 1.91 60 foot time.

Thanks in advance
chris

dude, im sorry, something must be wrong with your car. i've pulled repeated 1.911 60ft times on a nearly stock car with 235/60/15 bfg ppiece of **** radial t/a's and a 1 psi launch.

if you have to crank it to 8psi to pull a 1.9 anything somehting isnt right.....

FYI: Line lock is for burnouts. You won't hold any boost using a linelock. ;)

I know someone who's has success with a bleeder valve he made up and he can hold 15# with out the car moving an inch, I can get more info on it if you would like.

Originally posted by fireberd350
FYI: Line lock is for burnouts. You won't hold any boost using a linelock. ;).....
Unless you use it to hold the back brakes ;) Heard of some using two solenoids to do it both ways.

Still say try S10 wheel cylinders if you dont have em already. Cheap from any autoparts store, no modification, just swap em out. I believe the soft shoes are okay, but I wouldnt do the long shoes all the way around idea that I have heard some have done.

By the way, I wish I was trying to improve on a 1.9x 60ft to begin with, my sights would probably be set on mid 12s right now instead of low 13s/high12s..........heck what am I doing wrong?

damn i dont even think a can build that much boost never really have tried it bit im going to how much boost should i build wit a stock motor all i have is mease 3 dp and K&N filter ?

i think the key to my 60fts was worn out shocks.. as far as i know they were stock.

i have bilstiens on the car now, 16" wheels, and still pull 2.0's

you shouldnt be launching with boost unless you have slicks or drs my car blows the tires away the instant it hits boost, which, if i launch at 0vac/0boost, is about 5 feet out...